Fulmers list of coaches.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 1, 2017.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Here's a theory...

Maybe Phil thinks next season is a 6-7 win season anyway. Maybe he thinks "Hell Tee can do that and learn on the job". Then team 123 will be ready to steam roll.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Tennessee could certainly do worse.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I just can't think that Fulmer, knowing that he's got one shot to really make a mark on his legacy (at least from the standpoint of trying to go out on top so to speak) can take a chance and hire Tee with there being a much better than good chance that it fails. I mean no one wins in that situation either. Fulmer goes down as the one who made a terrble hire. Tee came back home and couldn't get it done. The fanbase continues to be miserable. So on and so forth...

But then I remember that Tennessee gonna Tennessee.

Daddy Gee and A-Smith like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If you're playing the odds, Tee is the safe bet. I also think Tee would eventually win here. Year one would suck, but he's going to bring talent in. I can see him being an 8 or 9 win coach here with the right assistants.

**TDCVOL** and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I don't know what would happen exactly. I know everywhere he has coached they've viewed him as a valuable member of the staff, and in a relatively short time has climbed the ladder. He is an excellent recruiter. Whoever we hire has to do that exceptionally well. But... would love to know what his coaching staff would look like. Him failing would be miserable I agree. But I just love him so much. And would love to see him succeed here.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yep. Him failing here is a doomsday scenario. Probably let him hang on longer than we would a nonVol and he just really tanks and fans really get mad at him. He's beloved by other VFLs, so that could create a rift there, too.

7. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Its crap like this that scares the hell out of me

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he could assemble a good staff because he's got 5 years guaranteed

volfanjo likes this.
  9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Working like heck

proxy-2.jpg

vols85 and lylsmorr like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Good for him. When I was in school there, he did know 90% of the athletes on a first name basis

BigOrangeBeech and lylsmorr like this.
  11. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Would be 5 years of mediocre garbage. Kevin Steele is a good d coordinator and geat recruiter and nothing more

TDVol1989 likes this.
  12. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

13. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

I think he was referring to tee

14. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Best comment I’ve read during this entire fiasco: “Phil is sneaky as hell, despite his size.”

warhammer, utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  15. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Yup

I think Phil will be a better AD than he was a coach and that's a pretty high bar IMO.

17. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

IMG_3981.PNG Y'all, former player John Propst and some others are doing a thread on Twitter of best coach quotes. It's absolutely hilarious. Too many to list them all but here's one and his twitter handle so you can find him...

warhammer likes this.
  18. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

The last play of the PAC 12 game was Tee signaling.

volfanjo likes this.
  19. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

As you can imagine [ddiapos] has some of the best.

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I didn’t think Tee called plays anymore?