Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Same. But I am very nervous about playing a team that uses the tight end as much as Georgia does—even if our D is underrated, I think that’s one area that’s a weakness.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

UGA TE room they currently have is beastly. No denying that.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee leads the SEC in interceptions and takeaways

tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Death Valley is nuts, most LSU fans are fun to be around and Mike the Tiger is awesome.

The Swamp smells like BO and is miserable

zehr27 likes this.
  5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

South Carolina is incredibly underwhelming too and I've been there at its peak when Spurrier had them in the top 10. Sandstorm just doesn't do it for me. Horrid setup that inconveniences everyone. Everything-from the campus to the stadium to the bars- are all miles away from each other. Nice fans though.

justingroves likes this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

South Carolina is the Will Levis of home field environments. For some reason everyone hypes it up but it just doesn’t get it done

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea there's just nothing to it. Hard to stand out when your stadium is surrounded by nothing but a flat, desolate state fair grounds parking lot. Plus they wanna be Clemson so bad. All they talk about there is what's going on at Clemson. Some excellent Southern food eating in that town though.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

This may be unpopular here, but I’ve actually had really good experiences with Clemson fans.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I have a lot of great friends with Clemson ties in real life. Always enjoy talking ball with them. Clemson fans in general are no different than your typical SEC program fan. They cherish and appreciate the sport of college football. Especially the ones that have been around since before 2014. Clemson can go [uck fay] themselves though for being a thorn in our side recruiting, but that is starting to correct itself.

tvolsfan likes this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The majority that I've been around aren't bad

PilotFlyingJ and tvolsfan like this.
  11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Georgia is not a ruckus place like Jordan-Hare or Death Valley are. Bryant-Denny is overrated as a "hostile" environment IMO.

I don't think the narrative is so much about specifically playing at Sanford as it is about not being in Neyland. We had the game at Death Valley... but it was at 11am and we caught them flat-footed so the crowd never got into it. If we played there with LSU in full swing at night, it's a different beast.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

13. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Clemson, Virginia Tech and WVU are significantly better cultural fits over A&M, Mizzou and Arkansas... but one of them is already in an SEC state and the other 2 don't command big markets so money is as money does.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

We’ve managed to make teams one dimensional, and we aren’t vanilla with our stunt packages anymore.

Couple that with a secondary that is finally healthy, and you have a defense that’s formidable.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Which is the key to this game. Stop the TEs and you win.

TDVol1989 and zehr27 like this.
  16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Banks is going to be busy out there

NYY likes this.
  17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They don't have the threat over the top that spreads you deep so it would make sense to treat the TEs as WRs.

InVolNerable likes this.
  18. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

You don’t have to qualify a post with a political comment. We are all Vols here. So to bring that up at all makes no sense. Stressful day for sure but not drunk. Those happen on Fridays and Saturdays. Since I don’t talk to text hard to say broken English from typing with 1 finger.

As far as Hershel, I don’t see the need to take a shot. He was just before my Tennessee days but I lived in GA during his HS run as a kid. I prefer to think of him then. I think he is one of the all time greats. Whatever happens in the election and any potential political career is not how I will think of him.

Squirt? Carry on

19. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Here’s the deal. I don’t follow TN politics. I follow TN sports. So it all seemed quite irrelevant. Boyd said he would do this every year as in goalposts. So for that, I love the guy. That’s what matters to me. Maybe I woulda voted for him. Not sure. But as Vol Pres, I’m happy with him

20. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Levis certainly did his part

Memtownvol and VOLinDAWGland like this.