Getting emails from Obama

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Oct 23, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is irritating me. The guy can't show up for the debate in my town, but now he wants 5 bucks from me? Barry, if you lose this election I can guarantee it will have nothing to do with me or being a few dollars short. You don't want to lose? You're the incumbent. You shouldn't. Reflect on your term if you do. And I don't really care to meet you in Chicago. It is a two-party system. My vote will never be more than a one night stand. Don't get all clingy with wanting me to come to your party in Chicago. You knew what this was.

I have serious election fatigue.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I get phone calls all the time from taped romeny and republican messages. I told them if i keep getting them i'm going to stop giving money. a couple of them were pro that anti gay marriage act which really pissed me off. i'm not giving money for that bullshit.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

How much money is too much for campaigning? It is so obscene, especially with the super pacs.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't know, but i led them the roit act about the defense for marriage phone call and said if one dime of my donation (like $500 btw, so i'm hardly a big hitter) ever went to that bs than I would never give money again. i have a client who get personal phone calls from newt and the like he gives so much to this stuff. it's really an obscene waste of money. imagine if you gave that money to a food bank or something.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

And how effective is it, really? I doubt many people are being swayed by these commercials and yard signs. Sure, they may encourage some to vote, but I bet a generic "go vote" campaign would be just as effective and much cheaper.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

In 04 i told the rnc if someone called me one more time i would vote and donate to Kerry and then informed the kid he was nothing more than a intern thinking he was tough shit and to leave me alone.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

TV commercials have been shown to work at least to a degree unfortunetely. A woman knocked on my door a couple of weeks ago from the democratic party. She came to ask if the old lady who I bought the house from needed help getting to the polls. I thought this was impressive for california given the fact they didn't need the votes. I wonder what issues she was going to encourage the old bag to vote for. She didn't seem very happy i was a republican.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Mine are better. I keep getting calls from Seattle telling me that Barack wants to pay my back taxes (me not having back taxes puts a damper on things, but you get the idea)

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is outrageous, Tar Volon. **** these guys. I hate politics.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I got that email from Obama, too, IP. Sounded weird and desperate, although I'm not sure if it reflected his attitude or a ploy to make me fork over some money out of concern. Either way, all those messages from Biden, Michelle and Obama go into the junk folder. I mean, I send ten bucks in 2008 and, suddenly, I feel like I'm enabling a junkie. I half expect my wallet and wife's jewelry to be missing one morning.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh great, now Michelle is coming over to bum money for the coke machine:

Keep in mind, I've never given any party or campaign one cent.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gosh, I must be an important guy.

Must be because we are both in the 6 ft tall voting block.