Going forward

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volokie, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah seeing what we've seen im good with a 2 qb system until one of them separates on the field. Cant blame JH for choosing either but also know Bailey isn't an option

OneForVol likes this.
  2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

People are still on the Bailey train after today because he didn’t get his shot with the starters still in.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think it should be Hooker for now but I don't think today proved a damn thing about Bailey.

4. Ssmiff

It didn't but 3/7 for 16 yards and holding onto the ball too long 3 times doesn't bode well for confidence

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

His protection was pretty bad even on the ones where he made some yards. Not sure who was in there but they sure werent blocking.

6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'm guessing from here on out it'll be a 2 QB show and CH will ride with the guy with the hot hand. BTW, a full game replay is on Youtube if anyone wants to see it again.

I think this team will get to 6-6 for the season.

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We matchup well with them defensively.

8. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

If we beat S. Alabama, Vandy, SC, Mizzou (6 wins), and at least show up to fight against Ole Miss and UK it’ll boost my confidence in Heupel greatly. I don’t think that happens but I hope it does.

9. yont sum iss?

[uck fay] it. We need to beat UK.

10. Ssmiff

Do whatever Nooga did today.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

we aren't winning 6 without marked improvement at qb and/or wr

Memtownvol, zehr27 and Tar Volon like this.
  12. yont sum iss?

That’s why it would make me feel pretty good because it’s going to take some unreal coaching/player development.

Memtownvol and Tar Volon like this.
  13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The game is posted on Youtube. I couldn't get past the first 3 minutes.

95 yard kickoff return brought back by a penalty.

Long downfield pass placed perfectly in the receivers arms.... dropped

Long downfield pass to a wide open receiver ... overthrown by 10 yards.

14. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Question, how long does it typically take for a qb whisperer like coach Heuple to fine tune a qb, and start seeing it on the field?

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Depends on what he has to work with.

16. Ssmiff

Takes game experience and help from teammates too.
    We will see upcoming, but at least we seem to call plays and sets that get us mismatches. We've had more players open and in space the first 3 games than I recall the last 3 years total. I'd like to see us run more from a 3 wide set to give the qb and rb a little more room to work. Seems crowded in the middle on most of our run sets. But for the most part I don't have many coaching complaints. OL doesn't look great but new coach and they haven't played together as a group before. Wrs are open. Hyatt and Payton don't appear to track the ball very well and their hands aren't in the right spots on a couple of these drops. Could be lack of fundamentals or a wr thinking too much instead of just snagging the ball.
    D seems to know what is up. Interested how we handle the middle of the field next week. We have jumped more slants and have more batted balls thru 3 than all of last year as well.

TDVol1989 and IP like this.
  17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Well we still have something to be proud of

18. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

That's something to be proud of
    That's a life you can hang your hat on
    That's a chin held high as the tears fall down
    A gut sucked in, a chest stuck out

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya okay, whoopity doo. Tennessee Tech is closer to family than opponent.

20. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Yes true, specifically Milton. How do you reel in a guy who has too much arm and no touch on deep throws? Me I start him throwing fades from 20 yards. Then I’d back him up incrementally when he could hit it well.