Good article by Feldman on the Vols

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by droski, Apr 28, 2015.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You're not seriously arguing that it was the worst of all time though?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It can't ever have been much worse at Tennessee.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'd put Stanford around 2005 right up there. Washington state during wulf too.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think if you look at it through the lens of Tennessee, an all time top 10 school, then it is right up there. Of course, that team doesn't compare with some of the worst Vanderbilt or Wake Forest or Cal teams.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Cal has always had skill talent. Our 1-10 team from 2001 had multiple long term nfl skill talent players. The 1-11 team from 2013 had a likely first or second draft pick at qb, a starting NFL TE, and 2 or 3 future nfl wide receivers. I try not to think about it.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Don't bring your facts to my jab at you. Take it like a man.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

My apologies. I think I'd rather have them be untalented anyway.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bullshit. The only football joy you've gotten lately is from Rodgers. Goff is going to give you something to feel good about as soon as he gets away from the cursed earth you call California Memorial Stadium.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Sadly you make a good point. It's an empty masturbation though. No love.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

For Tennessee standards? Probably so

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Has any coach benefited in recruiting as much as Butch has when it comes to legacies? Don't get me wrong, I give him a ton of credit in recruiting and don't care how he gets it done but a lot of those guys that starred in the 80's and 90's are paying off now. If he lands Dale Carter's son and nephew that would have to be some kind of legacy crootin record. Hell, we haven't even started on Travis Henry's kids yet.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And I doubt Feldman has had many visits to the Vandys, wakes, Dukes, Rutgers, Kansas', Purdues of the world.

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Temple was Big East for a while. Hell, last year's Iowa seemed around that level.

And it isn't like any one unit on the 2013 team really picked up the slack. Except maybe Palardy.