Gorilla Shot To Save Young Boy

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, May 30, 2016.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Huh?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tenny's arguing this incident is on the zoo. By the same line of reasoning, anything bad that ever happens to an unattended child in a public place is the fault of the venue.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm not making that argument. I just imagine there is some amount of thought directed towards keeping humans out, too, even if it's 10%.

Honestly I haven't really read Tenny's posts. Who is able to and maintain a job?

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Is the story about someone that probably has a lot of it?

Im of the idea that its not on the zoo near as much as the parents but if the zoo can close up something better after an incident like this they should try.

5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

The Atlanta Zoo once had a silverback by the name of Willie B. Back when they had glass front cages, they filmed Willie constantly. Willie got mad once and took a steel belted tire with his two hands and popped like a pice of thread. Really went over well on the news that night.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Sounds skrong.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I saw the bushes behind the barrier too. Guarantee you that took the kid some time to get through.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Sling shot for the dung.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Those employee-only area doors have code push locks on them.

But even if they didn't, you're arguing two wrongs.

10. Tenacious D

Well, shit. At least neither they nor the parents of the child were black.

11. Tenacious D

Bullshit.

The moat and 15' high sheer-faced wall of concrete is to keep the animals in.

The fence he crawled under and about 6' of "vegetation" is what was intended to keep people out.

And why are you arguing this? You know damned well that the task of the zoo is exactly two-fold:

1. Keep animals in.
    2. Keep people out.

They could be Seal Team 6 at one, and Keystone Cops at the other and it'd be their fault.

12. Tenacious D

Because people are inherently stupid and do stupid shit - particularly little mini-humans who don't have the cognitive ability to weigh the immediate danger of their actions in running toward the snuggly-looking gorillas.

13. Tenacious D

If that's the line of thought, then the wall's effectiveness seems to have met a rather hard floor at the 4-year old demographic.

Now, all you have to do is offer proof that 4-year olds were disallowed for entry into the zoo, and then you'll be right - the zoo has no fault in this.

But if the zoo allowed 4-year olds in, and then didn't provide a proper safeguard to their falling off a 15' wall, and into a gorilla-infested moat, then you're wrong, and that will be the fastest a jury will deliberate since NYY sued me for my libelous claims of his anal virginity.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Actually. . . Woman apparently works at a daycare

15. Tenacious D

Who here has a son, or a young male relative?

How many times out of 100 would a 15' drop into water be prohibitive to preventing their accessing a gorilla enclosure. Or a Chuck E Cheese? Hell, anything shiny.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Obviously pretty close to 99.999999999 out of 100

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah. 15' is a BIG drop.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Combined with climbing over the fence and crawling though yards of heavy bush. Notable that apparently multiple witnesses saw the kid doing it, but apparently mom was oblivious until he went over the edge.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Just came across an online petition on Facebook with more than 300,000 signatures encouraging an investigation into the child's home environment due to negligence and carelessness demonstrated by his parents in this situation.