Guarantano

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 17, 2020.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Should go ahead and leave Knoxville right now

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Pruitt should tell him to pack his shit now but he is a giant [ussy pay] it appears.

10SEvols likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm tired of blaming him. He is what he is. I don't know if this is what he always was or if 2017 ruined him, but he is what he is.

As to why we keep trotting him out there and don't have another viable option in year 3 of this is beyond my comprehension. I cannot understand this no matter how hard I try.

4. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

No one currently on staff is able to develop a QB, I don't really see a different option than putting in the new guy and seeing what happens.

Volokie and 10SEvols like this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This shocks me with Chaney. Hell, he got Nathan [uck fay]ing Peterman into the NFL.

10SEvols, Memtownvol, A-Smith and 2 others like this.
  6. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

dknash likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

First fumble ended a potential scoring drive. 2nd pick 6 ended a drive and gave them 7. 21 pt potential swing on 2 jg horrible plays.
    I cant believe the dude came back this year. And if pruitt cant see and feel the side effects of JG, maybe he isnt the guy.
    Started dreading the season when JG announced he was coming back.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

There’s not a football reason to keep playing him.

So why do they continue to do it?

Does JG own the offensive locker room? Are the coaches concerned about losing the team if they sit him?

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The worst part is the constant sort of "he's just about to get it" vibe from the coaches. That he's learning and growing as a player for the future. Dude is a senior doing the same shit he's always done. Being mediocre against bad teams is a low, low bar for a third year starter at QB. Their intent to go down with him is befuddling to the extreme.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If the guys are big enough [ussies pay] they shut down because the QB gets held accountable for shitty play, then we've got massive problems. Nearly always, these type of situations occur when coaches play favorites and keep the clearly inferior playing over a better one. I can't imagine this is the case here.

Memtownvol and Tar Volon like this.
  13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It's because Chaney refuses to simplify the offense. They're trying to do too much in the pass scheme

SetVol13 likes this.
  14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Dual-threat. Can’t you tell by his 500 yards on 250 attempts for a career 2.1 ypc?

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His dad played the recruiting services like a fiddle

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

A unique dual-threat talent in that he can kill you masterfully with both the fumble and the interception.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Had more passing yards to Kentucky yesterday than to his own team.

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I can't even imagine how poor the competition is where he played hs ball.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I get that JG playing conservative and managing the game was the plan but if the 5th year senior is going to be throwing freshman type interceptions and has no feel in the pocket on pressure.

play the freshman. At least getting your ass kicked while building experience is better than watching JG be JG.

JG is a tough kid that’s had a ton of bad breaks here but he’s more than proven he’s not the answer.

Pruitt will lose the fan base and team if he keeps rolling him out there.