Guns

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NEW COACH, Feb 16, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Plenty of valid logic in this post. The quote I brought up, however, is severely lacking.

I don’t think these high schoolers are especially well-spoken, like most their age, and it’s a little unfair to them to put them in the spotlight so frequently.

kmf600 likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It is when it helps promote your agenda. Media/behind the scenes folks are straight up using these kids - on both sides.

Some of these kids and damn smart and well-spoken on both sides, and are being drowned out by the less eloquent ones.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Of course it doesn't solve anything. We have to do "something". Doesn't matter what it is how ineffective it is, we can pad ourselves on the back afterwards.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Banning Ar -15’s doesn’t do anything either but here we are

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I’ll say this much. Semi-automatics with detachable magazines and pistol grips are an incredibly destructive force that presents a relative ease of use vs other weapons. I honestly don’t have a problem making it harder to get.

I get it - pistols can do a lot of damage. So can hammers. Or knives. You can pull one and kill someone quicker than you can with these larger weapons in some cases. However, the sheer destructive force in the hands of a less-trained individual is truly different. And this can be repeated over and over in a crowd.

I witnessed a skunk literally ripped in half by an AR-15 yesterday. Yes, it was at close range. But holy cow.

Edit: coyote was destroyed but skunk was ripped to shreds

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  6. CardinalVol

Seems like 75-80% of the population is somewhere in the range of "make them hard to get/ban them" and would be willing to settle on a compromise of "make them very, very hard to get" but the other 20-25% only want them fully accessible or all guns banned.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Agree 100%.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It was a little tone deaf for the girl wearing a Cuban flag on her shirt while stumping to limit gun rights.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It’s the picking and choosing of what is hard to get vs not hard to get that gets dumb.

CardinalVol and justingroves like this.
  10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What would you say is the average “damage done” in mass shootings invloving ARs, vs “damage done” in mass shootings not involving ARs?

100s difference? 1.5?

11. TennTradition

ARs specifically or all assault weapons as I described them?

I’ll say 5x. Total SWAG.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you have stats for that? casualties or deaths, if so?

13. TennTradition

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interesting and testable.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Remington filing for bankruptcy.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Harder to sell someone their tenth firearm without Obama there to close the deal.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They tried to start selling pistols and let what made them money go to shit.

18. CardinalVol

I'm also not sure this Hogg kid is the sharpest tool in the shed.

VolDad likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I do wonder if gun companies have not baseball card/comic booked themselves and over produced. If they have, I imagine many will not be long for this world, as you cannot sell guns to people constantly. You will eventually run out of people to sell to.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If you believe Facebook, it’s all WBIR’s fault.