Head Coach Hot Board

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tmac61, Oct 4, 2015.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Until I see Hart gone, and I get some info that A) the boosters are committed to hiring a big name, B) that the administration is going to let them drive the bus, I will not believe that we are capable of getting Kelly at the table, nor hiring Gruden. Which means all I can do is hope for an NFL guy or Fuente at best, then be irate as we hire Tom O'Brien.

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'll take him.

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Like I said, I'd be fine with him here. I wish he was someone that would be on the radar if we make a move. But I'm just saying.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's jobless and will work fairly cheap

5. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Yall deserve Domaine de la Romanee-Conti. Stop settling for butt-chugging Franzia

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

What would his staff look like?

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Would hire an OC with a birth year in the 1900s.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bob McNulty has been a long time assistant with him

He's good friends with Wannstedt

Bill Sheridan is a guy that's worked with him a lot too.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Give me one of these guys or shut the program the **** down.

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I can't stand Wannstedt on TV so that would be great just to get him off of Fox.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Can and should are a lot different than will.

12. netnvol

netnvol Member

Damn right.

13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

You can say the same things about Saban and Meyer... The 'AA doesn't have any interest in taking down either coach and I couldn't care less what kind of human being they are. If they can win football games the rest is just details. Botch Jones is a pretty miserable human being but without the benefit of being able to win football games....

14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

What the hell is Bill Cowher up to these days??

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Screw Fuente. Go big or go home.

It's nut-cutting time. You don't use a plastic play knife to cut nuts. You use a blade so strong and sharp that you start bleeding when you just look at it.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

And pretty much got away with it. He's a slimeball, but he'd win big at tenn

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He also sucked late in his tenure. Outside of Tampa bailing him out to give him a head coaching job, you got to explain how that's not like hiring Jeff tedford. Some guys can build a program, but can't take it to the mountain top.

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It was Rutgers, though

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and it was impressive, but he still fizzled out late and never really won anything in a bad league.

20. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

The only name outside of Gruden or Kelley I would take and be completely satisfied with is Mark Dantonio. And I doubt very seriously that would ever be possible. Hell I'd take Cutcliffe as HFC and Chavis as DC before I would want Mr. Memphis.