"Heaven is real, IP is dumb," says neurosurgeon

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Oct 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

As a neurosurgeon, surely he has heard of other people's near-death experiences before. Why did he only believe after he experienced it, but not before when others did through similar experiences? If there was a rational explanation (or at least enough of one for him not to come out then) for them, why is there no longer one for his experience? All because it was his?

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'd go with dream.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Because doctors are arrogant SOBs. Try to give advice to a doctor. It's impossible.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Depending on what you believe the other side of that argument wont either.

5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Some people are just more hard-headed and need to see for themselves.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Even though I believe in heaven, I tend to be highly skeptical of these stories whether it be kid or neurosurgeon telling them.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not so sure it's a given he has tons of knowledge about other cases of near death experiences.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If I had a near death experience, I'd take the time to look into it...

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The kid was the worst. You just know it's trying to please mom and dad. "And when i went there everyone had halos and grandma was there!" The fact hundreds of thousands of people bought the book says a lot about how stupid some people are. What are the chances that heaven is exactly as described in christian lore? surely they got something wrong. I began to feel sorry for the poor kid. Either a) the parents are putting him up to it, b) he had a nice dream, or c) he invented it to make his parents happy. i'm going with some combination of a and c. either way he's got future shrink visits in store for him.