Hello Friends

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Phil Gates, Jun 4, 2012.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Homerun iyam

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I am a lawyer, and I feel I have great worth. After all, like kpt, I am a supermod.

If I may be so bold as to make a couple of suggestions, I've always been a fan of Bombay Sapphire, although my usual tastes run more to brown liquors, and the acoustic work from Blues Traveler really shows off the skills of the greatest harmonica player of all time.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

We're drawing all sorts now.

Yeah! for board expansion.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not to get off topic, but what type of law do you practice?

I'll give this place props. There's some smart and determined SOB's in the membership. NY and myself are just too dumb to realize that we stick out like turds in the punch bowl at the prom.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  5. JayVols

Target practice.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Could not agree more on Blues Traveler or Bombay Sapphire.

Seeing that band live changed every notion I had about them. We all know Popper is legit, but so is his band. Vastly underrated in my book.

Attorneys are fantastic when they work for you, especially when your company is footing the bill.

7. cotton

I'm general counsel for a family business --contracts, insurance, transnational business issues, oversight of outside representation. I also wear a few other hats for the company. It isn't what most people think of as a traditional legal practice, but I never intended to enter into what most people think of as traditional legal practice.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Very cool, cotton. Is that what you've always done or have you done some other things as well?

9. cotton

It was the goal all along. I clerked for a criminal defense firm while in school and for a judge just after, but other than that, this has been the gig.

10. JayVols

Cool. I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to a competent defense, but I couldn't be the person to do that with some crimes. It takes a special person to do that. I admit that I am less familiar with your type of practice. The only exposure I've had with corporate law is I got to be pretty big buddies with Steve Kramer (Roy's son) when he was council for a large glass manufacturer headquartered in the Tri-Cities.

11. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Name dropping?

12. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I don't think so, everyone in the Tri-cities knows AFG Glass.

13. JayVols

Maybe. Isn't that the en vogue way to get ahead in everything these days?

Steve's a good guy that is my only exposure to cotton's line of work. I'm a peon. No amount of name dropping would help me.

14. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Me either!! I just don't know anyone that I would helped by dropping their name!

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah I know the family. Steve is a nice guy.

16. JayVols

I met him through my father-in-law who was a mid level personnel man in the corporate office. Steve was the guy that got a large sum of money donated to my football program when we were doing a major expansion/remodel of our weightroom. He also was kind enough to be the keynote speaker at a couple of our banquets. As you said, he's a good guy.