Hey guys just stopping by to say hello

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Mega Meat, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Mega Meat

Mega Meat New Member

I'm barely a millennial I prefer generation Y

2. Mega Meat

Mega Meat New Member

That was pretty much all Underscore and no one liked that it was all awful and a definite black mark.

3. Mega Meat

Mega Meat New Member

Sounds like an amazing woman have any pics?

4. govols86

govols86 New Member

would ya'll welcome axe back?

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No. Never.

I would scuttle the site, first.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Is this the guy that makes youtube videos about UT?

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So, our annual 98 invasion. Joy.

8. Mega Meat

Mega Meat New Member

This happens to you all every year? Is it just one person an invasion or are there more of us over here?

9. Mega Meat

Mega Meat New Member

The mood seems pretty stuffy over here. Yall look down on people a lot here? I'm getting that vibe with all the bannings and talking bad about old posters.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Uh, no. We've banned two people ever - both justified.

Talking bad about people, posters and otherwise is part and parcel to nameless and faceless board operations.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes we absolutely look down on the folks at 98. sorry. we don't ban people unless they are racists, dangers to themselves, or spending 100% of their time outrageously trolling. the number of total people that have been banned from this site can probably be counted on one hand.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So Meaty, tell us a little about yourself - I like to learn more about people.

13. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

You have to say some pretty ****ed up things to get banned. If you get banned, it's your fault, unlike the way the good people of TOOS operate.

14. Tenacious D

+.5

15. Tenacious D

You are as welcome to be here and participate as anyone else.

It can be a tough crowd, for some, but enjoyable and informative, for those who stick around.

And, for the record, I've never had anything but completely amicable (albeit few and infrequent) dealings with the people at FL98, both Admins / Mods and a few regulars, alike. In regards to the second-hand re-telling of the FL98 posters making fun of a deceased former player and his family, and while it is indefensibly shameful for those responsible for posting or allowing it, I never understood it to be endemic of the entire site and all of its posters, but then, I don't know what was said, or occurred. Others here, who perhaps know more than I, feel - certainly and strongly - that it is indicative of the type of poster there, or of the site itelf. From both what I have seen and do know, it seems that FL98 is mostly comprised of members who enjoy that site, and wouldn't likely enjoy or prefer this one. And that's ok, as the interwebz is a damned big place.

Just a clarifying point, so as to be both transparent and accurate in my own thoughts on the matter.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

We talk about bad about each other too. Doesn't have to be old posters. It's fun.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is one word that is 100 % not true in this post: sorry.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

shhh. I was trying to be friendly.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

not true, I know nothing about fl98 or the people there, so I'm ambivalent toward them. I'd have to know something about them in order to even form an opinion of them.

Otherwise, droski's on the money.

20. Mega Meat

Mega Meat New Member

I'm an '03 UT grad live in Winston-Salem moving to Lynchburg VA at end of this month. I'm a #VFL originally From Elizabethton TN and yes I played with Jason Witten and we are friends. But I rarely talk to him now just a message here and there on FB or if he comes in for a game during a bye week.