Hey, Oregon...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Nov 16, 2013.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

On the road by a combined 7 points.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i never said they would have no shot, but i don't see any evidence on their resume that they can beat mediocre teams. utah and tcu had nice records against the pac-12 and big 12 before joining said conferences. not so much anymore.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

against a team that lost to WSU the next week. i forget that you seem to believe that kiffin wins these games if he's retained.

4. hatvol96

The bottom half of the PAC 12 isn't any better than Mountain West quality.

5. hatvol96

Washington State beat USC the week before they played Utah State.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don't see a whole lot of difference between washington, utah, and oregon state and ASU, UCLA and USC.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

same argument applies. that game being close had far more to do with USC playing like shit than anything Utah State did.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seem to believe? droski I feel like it is a lock that the team was going to turn it around at some point. Kiffin is a good x's and o's coach. He just didn't have a QB that was ready to play when the season started.

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

No way they would be 8-3.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They had already quit on Kiffin.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is it that O has done that he wouldn't have done with Kiffin around? I just don't buy this.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

O makes it seem likes he wants to be around you.

13. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Amazing how quickly the QB's improved once that great X's and O's coach got his lousy ass canned.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty hard to believe that was the issue. Kiffin has done a lot of good with QB's in his day. This isn't the first of his teams that got off to a slow start, either.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Lane is extremely gifted at the X's and O's part of the job. It's the people skills that get him.

He's an offensive coordinator at either the pro or college level. I doubt he's a HC again, at least for awhile.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't see how people can say Kiffin sucks at the X's and O's when he rebuilt Tennessee's offense on the fly in the 2009 season or milked Leinart's pop gun arm for all it was worth. He also had John David Booty playing at a high level.

Can he be a [penis] and not kiss the asses of the right people? Yes. Is he an odd guy? Yes.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Case of the ass burgers, imo.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Good OC. Great recruiter. Average HC.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, and if he were able to not have to deal with boosters, alumni, administration etc he would be a good HC.

That's probably 60% of a HC's job though, unless you're Nick Saban.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

100% agree. the difference in team attitude is staggering. they obviously greatly disliked kiffin and love coach o. even given kessler's early season problems they didn't play with passion early in the season.