Hey, Oregon...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Nov 16, 2013.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm sure Carroll learned a great deal about recruiting five star players and dealing with fanatical alums at Pacific.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

pretty big gap between "great traning ground" and no training at all.

3. hatvol96

Not really. Coaching at Pacific trains you to coach at USC in the same way making pies at the local pizza joint trains you to be the CEO of Domino's.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

let's take a look at the football coaches since their last NC:

Lane Kiffin - Hired because he was the OC of the NC teams under carroll

Pete Caroll - Said to be their 4th choice and largely crapped on by alumns when the hire was announced

Paul Hacket - QB Coach during the USC 78 NC - 13-20 record as the university of pittsburg coach was his only head coach experience before (hell hackett IS coach O)

John Robinson - former USC head coach and former OC under Jim Mccay

Larry Smith - 42-28 record at arizona (not overly impressive). Was the first USC coach hired without USC affiliation since 1925

Ted Tollner - John Robinson's OC - No head coaching experience

Now what from this list indicates that USC ever goes out and hires the best guy available or wouldn't hire someone with oregeron's record? TWO coaches since 1925 without a trojan affiliation.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

They do. The good cop/bad cop is pretty effective with players. I will say it only works if the good cop supports rather than undermines yhe bad cop.

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Not without Chuckie

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't know enough about USC to say whether or not they are ****ing retarded.

If they seriously consider giving the job to O, they are ****ing retarded.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

When I first started having interactions with you here, I really didn't know how to take you. Just want you to know that since that time, I have become a big fan of your matter of fact style you employ most of the time.

That information and a couple of bucks will get you a 20oz Coke at any convenience store.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

all i'm saying is that they don't go about things the same way say as an alabama. after smith was hired they came to the probably incorrect conclusion he wasn't successful because he wasn't a member of the trojan family and didn't understand USC and heavy pressure was put on the AD to make sure that didn't happen again. THis is why before they hired carroll they went after riley (former USC OC) and del rio and why multiple alumns had shit fits when carroll was hired. whether they learned something from that i don't know, but i'd doubt it. coach O doesn't go a single press conference without mentioning the trojan family. he's no dummy.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  10. hatvol96

True, but he played against USC.

11. hatvol96

He mentioned the Ole Miss family all the time. How'd that work out?

12. hatvol96

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it. One, I like O and wouldn't mind seeing him get a huge payday. Two, it would result in Pat Haden eventually "resigning" in disgrace. Win-Win.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i very much doubt coach o will ever win a NC at USC. all i'm saying is that if he beats ucla, and maybe even if he doesn't, it's very likely he'll get the job.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It's good to have a fan club!

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You're literally the only person (here and on TV) who I've seen say this.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

USC bookstore: [​IMG]

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator