POLITICS Hoda Muthana - Ex-ISIS Wife

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

An amendment should be in order. I doubt the men who signed considered a woman joining Isis and supporting their suicide bomb attacks while chanting death to America. Imagine they would make a quick amendment if they were around. As in sorry, you sacrificed it all. Your choice.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think that’s already a permitted reason for denaturalization (of naturalized citizens). It requires the courts though, not just Trump announcing it on Twitter.

JayVols likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

There are already rules in place where you willingly revoke your citizenship if you join a military of a foreign country that is at war with the USA.

"Although a person's service in the armed forces of a foreign country may not constitute a violation of U.S. law, such action could serve as a predicate act for the relinquishment of U.S. citizenship under 349(a)(3) of the INA [8 U.S.C. 1481(a)(3)] under two circumstances. Section 349(a)(3) provides for loss of U.S. nationality if a U.S national voluntarily and with the intention of relinquishing U.S. nationality enters or serves in the armed forces of a foreign state engaged in hostilities against the United States or serves in the armed forces of any foreign state as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer."

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...Nationality-and-Foreign-Military-Service.html

That said, is ISIS a foreign government? This might be hard to prove since I do not think they have ever, or ever will be, recognized as a legitimate government.

I believe that, in spirit, she willingly renounced her US citizenship when she left the USA and joined ISIS. Now, whether the letter of the law states that, that is the real question. Either way, she can stay in Syria or come back the USA and be arrested and tried for treason against the USA. Her choice.

tvolsfan likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

surely she can be convicted with many crimes with long sentences either way

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

No doubt

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, and we can definitely not allow the whims of one leader, especially considering this one and his politics of vindictiveness,to determine the citizenship status of Americans, as well.

tvolsfan likes this.