POLITICS House Intel Releases Muh Russia Docs

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, May 8, 2020.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Poor little Mike Flynn. Just a nobody set up to take the fall by the FBI. Thoughts and prayers go out to him.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Jesus, this [uck fay]ing show again? Do you watch anything else?

And, Taibbi is a strange case, really having gone off the deep end recently into conspiracy nonsense after calling the impeachment trial a "coup". I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, this show would have him on to "explain" the situation.

Look, do I think the FBI does some shady stuff? Yes, absolutely. Do I think Flynn was a corrupt piece of shit who was in contact with the Russians? Yes, absolutely. Do I think this is another nonsense outrage from a notoriously paranoid and willing to believe any sort of story which will benefit himself president? Yes, absolutely.

I look forward to the convoluted web, misrepresentations and general deceit of a story which the conspiracy theorists are so adept at creating, though.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Picked the show up from Joe Rogan as he's a huge fan. They do a great job of shitting on all sides republican and democrat alike and actually do real news coverage. They're more pro populism than my style but one of the few places that actually try to accurately call balls and strikes.

I got that you hate that shit since you don't get to comfortably and smugly live in that echo chambers of yours.

Flynn may very well be a piece of shit but the FBI was used as a weapon while no crime had been committed. That's a very dangerous game and one that all sides should be against

Tenacious D likes this.
  4. Unimane

You not liking my opinions doesn't mean I live in an echo chamber. It means you don't like my opinions. Every time I watch this link to the show, it's the same tenor, which is why I'm not shocked the linked video is to an interview with a guy on the conspiracy brigade in Taibbi.

If you could stop for a second and stop thinking from your echo chamber, you might realize I'm asking for a source which is not one like Tenny's Epoch Times, which was banned from Facebook for creating phony people in their pro-Trump advertising campaign, or Taibbi, who has jumped head first into conspiracy quackery with the impeachment "coup" stuff, as well.

You'll notice I never link the type of silliness like Tenny does from comparable lefty sites. No Huffington Post, Daily Kos, Daily Beast, Salon, etc. even if I, generally, align with their views. Give me some real meat, not just this show which, as far as everything I've seen, is full bore anti-Biden and right wing talking points.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I quit reading after Joe Rogan.

6. Unimane

Rogan's alright. I think he's genuine and doesn't pass himself off as anything in terms of an expert, just a guy riffing on shit. He sometimes delves and buys into the silly conspiracy brigade and some of the guests are downright nuts, which he will sometimes enthusiastically go down the rabbit hole with them. But, he has some interesting people and I can shrug him off when he gets a little loopy. I guess he's saved by the fact few people consider him an authority on anything other than comedy and MMA. Well, at least, I hope.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The interesting question is to ask why the FBI targeted Flynn.

8. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Career prosecutors like those accused of malfeasance? Barr, who you clearly don’t trust? Who should handle it?

9. Unimane

One who has their job outside of being placed there with the clear expectation and job requirement to serve the political interests of the president or, in his words, "protect me".

10. Tenacious D

Now, the list can be released whenever AG Barr decides to do so.

But, to be fair, is the unmasking of American names even a crime?

11. Tenacious D

Who doesn’t trust William Barr?

12. Tenacious D

L-L-O-L.

upload_2020-5-11_23-58-26.jpeg

FAKE NEWS.
    ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE.

13. Tenacious D

Why is it always the United States Navy that saves the world?

TELL ME I’M WRONG!!

upload_2020-5-12_0-4-43.jpeg

14. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

To presume that this is a conspiracy theory is just as dangerous as presuming it is the truth. To continually dismiss the possibility of Obama administration and/or Clinton campaign having committed serious violations as sycophantic fiction of trump supporters is naive at best.

15. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Loretta Lynch?

16. Unimane

It's a conspiracy theory when it operates under the concepts of a conspiracy theory, i.e. lack of verifiable facts, nefarious elements surreptitiously working behind the scenes to destroy a person/group/etc., information control of elites to damage threats to expose, etc. It certainly doesn't help this is the 527th outrage or conspiracy by this particular individual none of which have gone anywhere. So, pretty much everything under Trump has been a conspiracy theory because events have been parsed through the lens of "Is it bad for me?" rather than "Is it provably true?".

17. Tenacious D

Good ol’ Sally Yates.

18. Unimane

No. Her job was not defined as to protect Obama. Merely not liking her ideology or legal efforts is not the same thing, as it was for me and Alberto Gonzalez under Bush.

19. Tenacious D

That the Obama Admin and FBI spied on Trump and his campaign - even embedding spies in it - is on the public record, provably true and beyond any debate.

Trump was 1000% right that it happened, and when many of our resident libs were jeering him for saying it.

Headline: Stable Genius, Right Again.

20. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Fair. But the allegations against him have gone equally nowhere. And I’ll concede he presents himself as the biggest cry baby ever. I’m not a fan, but not dismissive of the possibility of ‘nefarious elements’.

I read the timeline that Tenny posted and not one bit of the underlying assumption is implausible. Doesn’t mean it’s true, but it shouldn’t be dismissed either.