POLITICS House Intel Releases Muh Russia Docs

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, May 8, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Accusing voldad of making fun of someone with a mental disorder is straight up from the isaiah thomas book of being a [itch bay].

2. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

3. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

How many in the press will ignore this?

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Sleepy Joe, come on down!

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Then it would be liking the messaging of him having a mental disorder for political purposes, which isn’t much better.

I personally think both candidates should be subjected to a full mental evaluation, by a mutually agreed upon neurologist or similarly qualified professional. Those results should then be shared with the public by the evaluator.

Until then, the only [itch bay] move is using the mental state of the other for political messaging and/or to poke fun at people with mental disorders.

6. Tenacious D

400 years, blood sweat and tears

7. Tenacious D

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I get that Biden claimed he wasn't involved, and now evidence is showing that he was involved. And I understand that he comes across as dishonest, which is bad for him.

But can someone explain to me what was wrong with "unmasking" Flynn, in this case? Why was doing that such a bad thing? From what I've read, "unmasking" is a fairly routine occurrence.

9. Tenacious D

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ve never tried it myself, but I can’t imagine it’s easy to furiously masterbate while scrolling through your lunatic right wing twitter feed and simultaneously shitpost on and internet message board.

Unimane likes this.
  11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Shows that obama's top officials were openly spying and monitoring the income administration.

Seems like a pretty obvious overstepping and abuse of power as a political tool.

12. Tenacious D

Here’s the straight skinny: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/what-is-unmasking-2017-4?amp

But essentially, this not only proves that the US intelligence apparatus & government were using the NSA to not only spy on a rival political campaign, perhaps through means of subterfuge and to advance their own political goals....during the election, and even during the transition, while Trump was the President-Elect(!) - and that such occurred at the tip-top highest levels of each, and which we now know includes Sleepy Joe, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, etc., at a minimum.

Let me say it again: At a minimum.

Now, once you’ve read and understood that, any one of dozens of valid followups should spring to mind.

Who else was involved, if anyone?
    Why did they request the unmasking?
    What did they do with the unmasked info?
    Who did they share the unmasked info with?
    What was the purpose of the unmasking?
    Who leaked it to the media / anyone else?
    Etc etc etc

Had Hillary Clinton won, you’d never have known that this occurred.

Also, take careful note that these are the only requests for unmasking during a very specifically narrow window of time....but that more similarly abusive unmasking may have occurred both before and after this window of time (spoiler: it did).

13. Tenacious D

tRumP iS CrAzY tO aCcUSe oBaMa Of sPyiNG!

Where my retarded libs at?

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, it doesn't. If anything is illegal, it was someone leaking the name. But, there's still nothing about the unmasking which says they were spying on the Trump Administration.

IP likes this.
  15. Unimane

Your follow up questions do not suggest we know there was spying on Flynn. It suggests there are follow up questions to determine if this was the case. You skipped a few steps along the way, unsurprisingly.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The unmasking shows that top level officials were talking about and all looking into calls and information from the trump campaign and incoming administration.

Not just getting a transcript of the call but wanted to hear it for themselves.

17. Unimane

Yes, they requested unmasking because of who they were talking to and what they were talking about. It's pretty straight forward. The Trump people were caught, which is why Flynn pled guilty and had to admit he was paid by a foreign power, and now they are trying to muddy the waters with obfuscation, media onslaughts of phony outrage and projection. There's nothing there for them, but, like most Trump outrages, if he just yells loud and consistently enough, some people will listen. I like this walkthrough on the matter, even with a little extra unnecessary commentary:

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Given that Obama personally warned President-elect Trump about Flynn, this sure feels like making hay about nothing 6 months before the election. That Obama knew about Flynn's conversation is not news, he literally told Trump in 2016.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Power has stated that she didn't actually try to unmask anyone. But her name is on record for asking for 200 unmasking.

So that time line doesn't w if we take Power at her word.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator