How long does White last as AD?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 29, 2021.

?

How long?

1. 2 years or less

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. 2 to 4 years

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. 4 to 7 years

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. 7 years or more

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Auto Insurance rates have risen significantly post Covid. Cost of Repair Labor, Cost/Availability of parts, Rising Medical Costs (injuries), and the massive inflation in used car prices have all played a significant role. It stinks but you have to understand that insurance companies must justify their rates to states. Companies that charge less might have some operational efficiencies but they generally pay less. Now either they are lucky are stingy. They cannot just gouge. But if you have over zealous insurance commissioners that don’t allow companies to charge what they need to make a fair profit, then the company will just pull out of the state.

Florida, Louisiana, and California have real challenges with homeowners insurance availability. It’s just the numbers.

IP and HCKevinSteele like this.
  2. TDVol1989

Then try self-insuring and cross your fingers.

LawVol16 and HCKevinSteele like this.
  3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My comment was about 25 years ago and directly related to changes in state law where I lived.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I work for a few self insured people, one is so tight he only eats at O'Charleys and Applebee's.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No thanks…

6. TDVol1989

Back in the day that O’Charleys on the strip had the best chicken tenders. Of course, they swiped my cc info too

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not sure how it can be profitable to insure hurricane vulnerable houses in Florida when they are works about a million and will eventually get hit

8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

By and large it’s not, that’s why some insurers are leaving the market and some are going out of business.

Edit: I said “some” but I don’t know the actual number if we’re talking the past couple years. I know specific details about one such company but I’m sure there may be others.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That OC set records on gamedays.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Was just reminded re the naming rights comments. Nissan Stadium. [uck fay] them. They treat their plant workers like trash. Those people tear up their elbows and shoulders. They do everything they can do not cover medical expenses, delay care, deny care, and rush them back to work at desk jobs while their ports still have gauze on them.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's partly why I left the auto industry. The rushing them back to work thing is partly due to comp costs and partly due to regulations that drive that behavior, same with initial care. I forget how much of each GM car goes to comp, worker injuries, etc, but it was quite a bit into the thousands of dollars. Of course we never published that number for our company.

12. Ssmiff

part of their problem is accumulation of costs due to decisions early on after injury and surgery to save a few hundred dollars, often following archaic guidelines of treatment to get out of paying for new technology and procedures which help the body heal better and reduce the need for narcotics. I could go Netflix type deep on conspiracy theories in the pharma and medical field.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It would take them about 4 hours to bring ‘em to you though

14. TDVol1989

You know there have been many years between some hurricane hits. Carry a high deductible and NFIP Flood insurance and the carriers are not necessarily looking at outrageous risk. A Cat 3 hit me in Broward County and it was a roof and some fencing. Only $14000. That can be survived if it’s not highly frequent

15. TDVol1989

Did I just just go full insurance nerd in here with support? Uhhh Go Vols?!?

NorrisAlan and HCKevinSteele like this.