How long does White last as AD?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 29, 2021.

?

How long?

1. 2 years or less

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. 2 to 4 years

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. 4 to 7 years

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. 7 years or more

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

How many times do we have to go over this? We have no idea if the 'leaks' were fact or bullshit, we also have no idea what else went on that was never 'leaked'. For all we know Kiffin could have been a hard NO from key boosters, yet you're aiming your ire at DW for reasons unknown or nonexistent except in your head.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I’m over it. We got the coach we got, we got the AD we got so.. time to move on. If it fails, UT will (eventually) get another AD and another coach. If they both do fantastic jobs, great. I’m not holding my breath or anything but the bottom line for me is that getting all gunched up about something I have zero control over is ridiculous and a total waste of time.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

This is the AD thread and how long he lasts. Why it is so confounding to question why an AD wants to criticize fans instead of engage them is beyond me. And I actually have hopes for JH. Just think the AD should build bridges instead of show attitude. I voted over 4yrs

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Changed his Twitter handle from UCFDannyWhite to AD_DannyWhite. Might seem trivial, but also signals he’s tired of changing it and doesn’t want to do it again next time.

I voted 2-4 because Big [ussy pay] Danny is gonna bail for whatever opportunity represents itself next, but could very easily see it lasting less than 2 years if BPD can’t handle the stress of this dumpster fire.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I voted 0-2 because I’m not going to let any of you malcontents get further to the angry radical fringe than me.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like we always say, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the dumpster.

7. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

He might take his Heup with him again !!!

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I went 4-7 but I lean towards the 4 end of that for sure

9. Savage Orange

This is sort of my thought also. He’ll be here longer than four but if he makes it to seven it’ll be because Heupel actually proved me wrong and turned out to be the right guy.

10. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

You think he only gets one shot at it after what he inherited? Or we’ll run him out of town?

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I figure he will angle for either a Notre Dame type job or some type of GM ish type role. Something perceived to be more prestigious whatever that is for him. But he needs a couple feathers

12. VOLinDAWGland

I can see a scenario of two hires. Heupel does a good job of stabilizing the program but seems to hit a plataue or ceiling and is replaced but not considered failure or disgrace. The job will be much more attractive and the leadership team has everyone pulling together and they go get an elite head coach.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. Savage Orange

If he’s able to right the ship in Knoxville and return UT football to any sort of respectability whatsoever he’ll be able to get any job in the country.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. InVolNerable

lol, this is a bigger pipe dream than actually having success on the field.

Memtownvol, fl0at_ and A-Smith like this.
  15. VOLinDAWGland

16. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

That is the most likely positive outcome of both hires. Get us through the next couple of years while beating the bottom rung of the conference and playing 500 with the middle rung. Perhaps show some competitiveness with Bama, Georgia, Florida.
    The downside is another wasted 3 or 4 years with leadership going in all sorts of different directions.

What stinks is we have the 2022 class coming up and it will likely be wasted - just as that super-class in Butch's tenure was wasted.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

To be honest, UTAD needs an asshole leader right now. Way too much complacency since Dickey retired.

Memtownvol and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  18. VOLinDAWGland

If the 2022 class sets the program up for bigger success with or without Heupel it won't have been wasted. Heupel may not get us to elite, but he's waaaaay better than Botch can ever hope to be and I say that without seeing a single game or practice. For the 1st time in 10 years we don't have a dip shit over his head lousy human being as a head coach reporting to an incompetent AD.

19. InVolNerable

There is exactly zero evidence pointing to any of this yet.

JudgmentVol likes this.
  20. VOLinDAWGland

Plenty of evidence that he's not a POS like Botch.