How safe is flying?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Nov 19, 2011.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Danke fellas. Im thinking about downing a few jack n cokes and sleeping for those three hours til we land in NY

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just find a happy place and roll with it. I used to hate flying, now I'd rather fly than ever get in a car.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Im starting to get there. Just still have a little of that fear left

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Worst part is getting thru all the airport nonsense and then all the meatheads that take forever to put their bag or whatever in the overhead compartments so it takes half a day to get to your seat, and then it takes the same meatheads forever to get their stuff out after landing, so you stand there another half a day. Really enjoyed my first couple of flights, but I've done it enough now that it's just the way to get there.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I fly once or twice a year, with 2-3 connections and the last leg is always a puddle jumper.

Landing bothers me. But I usually just tighten up the belt, look out the window and wait for Captain Kangaroo to bounce us across the runway and into the terminal.

The rest of the ride is usually pretty enjoyable.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Wish me luck gents

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Wheels down in NYC. Have a great holiday folks

8. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

Sorry for the late response. Seems like everyone got it covered. Perhaps another thread for horror stories, I've been in a few LOL.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Glad it went well. I'm late to the thread, but it's for the best. I flew to Chicago last November- my first flight. I took 2 lorazepam pre-flight and 2 more midflight. I was still as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. My doctor was impressed I remained conscious much less still nervous.....

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Glad you've arrived!

11. It's never been safer to fly; deaths at record low

12. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

Flying commercial sucks. But not because of the dangers of flying. It sucks because of the lack of customer service. At this point the consumer wants to use the airline more than the airline needs the consumer. Until the airlines lose that power, it will continue to suck ass.

13. WM

WM Active Member

It still beats a bus or train.

14. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

Maybe I'm just spoiled by flying military. No frills flying. But also, no bull shit to put up with.