"Hushpuppies, Daddy"

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by **TDCVOL**, Feb 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Just too many Gleason moments that are all time. If he isn't in that movie, it's awful, even with Jerry Reed being funny as hell.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"No, no, I am not Hank Snow's brother."

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

What's she got on?

Her mind?

4. NorrisAlan

"Put the evidence in the back."

*Junior throws the door into the back seat*

"There is no way, NO way you could come from my loins. When we get home, the first thing I'm going to do is punch your momma right in th' mouth."

5. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

My buddy and I have an inside joke we run at each other about this line. Because in the TV edited version it makes Sheriff Justice say "There is no way, NO way, that you could come from -my side of the family-". They edited out the word "Loins". LOL

6. NorrisAlan

I know one edited version he says "my genes".

And the TV edited one is just as funny because of all of the edits. Almost all of Gleason's lines are dubbed by the guy because there was no way to keep the entire original in. Hilarious stuff.

sum[itch bay] => scumbum is classic.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

"You can think about it.... But just don't DO it..."

8. Savage Orange

A lot of that movie was filmed in and around Fayetteville Ga. I can right now drive 10 minutes from several scene sites....

9. NorrisAlan

10. Savage Orange

For instance...

I live in Georgia also and alot of the movie was filmed 20 minutes from my house. I know where and have pictures of all the below. I am also working on the movie location tour that is scheduled for Sunday the 20th. We can't see everything, but will probably hit the main ones in Fayetteville and Jonesboro, maybe McDonough,depending on time and the amount of interest. I have already talked with the members of the Historical Society in Jonesboro and will give updates soon. they might do something special for us. I am bringing on the convoy actual pictures of all the below plus rare pictures, magazine clips and copies of all the actual maps used by Universal Studios when they filmed the movie. Their maps literally have the scenes marked on them by description and scene number. I also have a movie script book so you can look up scene numbers and read the original script (what is written is different from the movie). I got all of this from the Georgia Archives. I thought we could look at this stuff at night at the motels. I hope this helps. . . Tyler

Between Fayetteville and Jonesboro, Georgia:

Where Snowman’s house was (torn down)
    Branford’s roadblock
    Texarkana, Texas (in the movie) Where the ‘Coor’s warehouse was
    Cop in backwards lake (first chase scene in the movie)
    Where the Bandit picked up Frog
    Lake where Fred went swimming
    The bridge that Bandit jumped over
    Knocking down mailboxes scene
    Where Buford said, “What we’re dealing with here is a total lack of respect”
    Where Buford lost his roof
    Car in ditch and Buford argues with Alabama cop
    Where the Bus stop scene was filmed (Bandit tried to dump Frog)
    Where ‘Foxy Lady’ parked her RV

11. Savage Orange

By the way, if it isn't obvious, that's a copy/paste from a S&TB forum. I have been to most all of the places mentioned though.

12. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

13. NorrisAlan

I have no thunder to steal, so it is no worries. Just busting your chops. I love that movie and feel you are a commie loving dog kicker (or a Patriots fan) if you have never seen it.

14. Savage Orange

Used to have a stone cold redneck coworker (who lived in freaking Jonesboro, for crying out loud!!) who had never seen it. I wouldn't talk to him until he watched it.

15. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

So many good one's already posted:

Damn, he had a lot of friends didn't he?

If they'd a cremated the sum-[itch bay] I could be kickin that Mr. Bandit's ass around the moon by now.

And I know it's just the first movie but hell why not. The only part I even remember from the ill fated 3rd installment still makes me laugh:

Excuse me sir, your ass is on fire.

16. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I use to think that the line,"there's no way you came from my loins" was just funny. Now that my kids are older, he wasn't being funny at all.