I’m just here to do the Super Bowl shuffle…

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Savage Orange, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It's not dumb to opine that a song sucked, especially when it did. May as well have put Kanye up there. Same talent.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You know you can listen to "Willie, Waylon, and the boys" and also listen to "those people". You don't have to stick to a single genre.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Snoop smokes with Martha Stewart and Dre produced roughly 40% of the music played on radios in the late 90's early 2000's. Lamar is a Grammy winning rapper that works for Dre

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I like Kendrick, but this isn't going to make him the #2 most accomplished rapper behind Eminem in that group last night. Dre, the guy who made himself a billionaire in rap, is easily ahead of him, for one.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I remember when Snoop signed with Master P, it was a high profile free agent signing before that was a thing

InVolNerable likes this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You should consider that a highly censored/altered version of a song is never going to flow as well as the normal version.

Also, as much of a joke as Kanye has turned into, prime Kanye was a legitimately great hip hop artist and has one of the all-time great hip hop albums on his resume.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dre’s accomplishments as a producer are irrelevant in a conversation focused on accomplishments as a rapper. Lamar is the more accomplished (and talented) rapper.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dre’s became a billionaire based on far more than just his accomplishments as a rapper. If we are comparing who is the more accomplished producer, or artist, or business man, then obviously Dre is the choice. But if we are talking about who is the most accomplished rapper, specifically, (which I was) then Kendrick is second only to Eminem in that group.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Except he's not

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kanye's first album was a masterpiece

NashVol11 and utvol0427 like this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Again I ask:

How do you want to measure?

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is considered his best and an all time great, up there with the best rap albums of all time.

Claiming Kanye lacks talent is not the path to victory in any debate about hip hop.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Historical impact, money in the bank, cultural influence etc

doolmeonce, NYY and IP like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cultural footprint is what makes a legacy. His is huge.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dre is a huge reason you can listen to rap music commercially. He doesn't have a Pulitzer though

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Straight Outta Compton and The Chronic are way bigger than anything Lamar has put out and Dre rapped on both of them.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And it's still not as good as the college dropout

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not sure why "money in the bank" would be included in a discussion of how accomplished someone is as a rapper. The internet tells me Nas has a net worth of just $70 million. Does that make Travis Scott a similarly accomplished rapper with his $60 million net worth?

Historical impact and cultural influence are definitely important, but how do you quantify them or distinguish between Dre the rapper and Dre the producer/business mogul? Again, if you are asking me who's the most accomplished/influential hip hop "artist," then from that group, it's Dre all day every day.

But "rapper" is a more specific category within everything that falls into being an "artist." Dre the producer doesn't get consideration in a discussion of who is the more accomplished rapper.

20. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Kanye is extremely talented lol

Indy likes this.