I am in my toughest battle, but will perservere.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by rbroyles, Jun 13, 2016.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Since I like us all are only mortal, I cannot answer.

You know what TD, it just know occurred to me what I like about the photo of Jennifer and I in your avatar. I think it is a poor shot of me, looks like
    I am older than ...........uh well I guess I am. Anyway, she was constantly saying how I had a joke for everything, and I always said it was my goal to make someone laugh or at least smile. I will proudly take credit for that beauty of a smile she has. Not the beauty, that's hers alone, just making her smile. The last thing she said was "I sure dig hanging out with you mister Randy. Gonna be dull around here."

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Where were your hands?

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

She's smiling, isn't she?

So is he.

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

She is a classy lady. Told her if Sandie ever comes to her senses and kicks me out, I will be coming back.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I would admire him more, if that were possible. It's not and hasn't been for a long, long time.

6. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Written by one of those who truly is admirable, quoting another who has shown extreme grit.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2016
  7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Keep up the fight RB. Always praying for you.

8. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Always appreciated.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Bump

This was to have been notice of continuation my surgery which was scheduled for next Wednesday, the 28th. I say was scheduled because yesterday I received a notice of denial of coverage from Ortho Net which apparently Humana uses to contract out it's spinal authorizations. As incredible as this sounds, I mean we have already spent eight and a half hours on it, how the hell do you say, and I quote "The requested Cervical Spinal Fusion surgery is not approved as clinical information fails to demonstrate medical necessity, nor is there evidence of an unstable spine."

Surely this is some meathead paper shuffler trying to throw their weight around, and not realizing the true story.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Nothing is worse than an insurance company hiring a third party to sort out their crap. Zero communication. Virtually impossible to get anything resolved. Everyone passing the buck to the other guy for any misunderstanding. Hours and hours of phone calls. I actually had one with a fourth party involved. My office staff lost their minds. I had to get on the phone for a good while to get that one straightened out.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jesus, I'm sorry to hear that, RB. This journey has been ridiculous. I hate hearing these insurance stories, and they're EVERYWHERE.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Keep fighting the bastards.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Sorry hear that RB, I hope that situation gets straightened out.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

**** health insurance companies. **** em.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not a strong enough condemnation for me.

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

UPDATE: Have continuation of first surgery now authorized with surgery scheduled for November 23. The final phase will involve fracturing and fusion from the T-2 to C-2 vertebrae, placing additional hardware, hopefully resulting in my being a "straight up guy". Estimated time in OR, three to three and one half hours. Piece of cake compared to eight and a half I went through before.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Great news RB

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Give em hell rb

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Awesome news, rb.