I want some good campus stories shared

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Mar 6, 2012.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

There are some real piece of shit people out there. Not suprised this happened near Grand Forrest apartments, we get emails about something going on there from UTPD all the time.

2. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Worst part is we KNEW we shouldn't have let the kid go off with these jokers, but we did it anyway. One of those decisions in life that I think back about frequently and wish I had it back.

3. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

I've got a number. Probably the worst stems from Gerald Riggs Jr getting high as a kite the night before a game in my apartment. I pregamed it there with some people, we went to the bars, came back, and apparently another kind of party moved in to my apartment.........

4. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

should have locked my door

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

What'd he do? Sneak out from the team hotel?

6. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

yeah

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen was on the intramural fields in softball.

My fraternity was playing the football team, we were getting killed and one of the most non athletic (as well as in general goofiest) guys you'll ever meet wanted to play first. Sure, why not. Sammy Frogg is at bat. Hits a one hopper to third, our guy snags, throws it to first. Of course, on those fields, someone playing third is playing short left, and Sammy is running full steam thinking he can beat it out. Our guy playing first, instead of standing on the corner of the bag, stands on the middle of it and proceeds to get railroaded by Sammy. They both roll, get up, our guy gets in Sammy's face and says "What the [uck fay] are you doing?" They proceed to exchange words, their guy coaching first breaks it up, which pisses our guy off more, and he proceeds to tell him he'll whip all of their asses if they mess with him. Of course, said team is basically made up of every important white guy (sans Clausen) from the 2001 team and Frogg. They laugh. The rest of the night if a ball was hit to the infield we start purposely throwing it in the dirt as first because we want to see this idiot try to get in a fight with the football team.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I would straight love it if Ron Slay came back one day to do commentary for Vols games. He has the gift of gab for sure.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Seeing Major Wingate make out with Monica Abbott will scar you.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I knew a chick that slept with him regularly. She was a sub five foot roly poly.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He had no standards.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Standards are overrated.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

She was a white chick that always tanned profusely and used tons of bronzer. Sort of like Snookie before anyone knew Snookie. It was gross.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Major liked shrooms. Maybe he ate a few and thought she was an oompa-loompa?

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My intramural basketball team picked up Jon Higgins for a game. It was after his playing days, when he was finishing up school. We had probably the worst intramural basketball team in the history of intramural basketball at any university. We were off to the side warming up waiting for the game before us to get over with, and he comes up and asks what our record was, and we're like "0 and 3 years (with 1 tie)", so he asks if we mind if he plays and of course we don't mind at all. The only win of our intramural career. He probably scored like 15, but he could've scored 50 if he wanted to, mainly just rebounded and passed the ball. You had to pay attention, he'd hit you with a bullet pass from 30 feet away. I scored 17, so I like to think about the time I outscored a pretty good D-I ball player in a basketball game.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

As a softball coach, I endorse this action. Some pretty athletic pitchers with a 70mph fastball could result from this situation.