I was doing so good

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by countvolcula, Sep 12, 2015.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If we win 8, I'm getting a "Team 119" tattoo.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I doubt it happens, but it's not completely unrealistic.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The east is pretty bad. There's plenty of great players, but no great team

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The football gods are sadistic bastards and we will probably back into 8 wins and lose the bowl game.

Progress!

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm not guaranteeing it. I'm just saying it's entirely possible. I never thought that 07 team would find their way to Atlanta either.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Probably solidifies another top 5 class. Team 121 will be loaded. Maybe even make a Chic Fil A bowl. I don't wanna get too greedy and jinx it though.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't mean this as an endorsement of the past coaching staff necessarily, but Fulmer with Cutcliff and Chavis could coach circles around this cadre of buffoons. There's no way this staff gets that team to Atlanta in '07.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I was just saying 8 wins.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I wasn't arguing. I just wanted to put things in perspective.

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

What kills me is that Tennessee hasn't been a powerhouse since 2001. Sure, they had a few moments between then and now but not really any that made you feel like they were a NC contender. So, that has been 14 seasons ago and had UT played a team in 2001 that had been down for 14 seasons it would be some fanbase saying "yeah, but we were good in 1987." We would laugh at them so it's no surprise people laugh at us now. (not us as in literally us but us as in our VN and Sab portion of the fanbase)

We always look back to Peyton and the 90's but again, if Peyton and the 97 team played a program that had to look back 18 years since they were relevant, it would be some fans fantasizing about 1979 and the great 70's.

Maybe the good times really are over for good.

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Forehead?

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Wait til Manning is the QB coach #Team131