I will celebrate every victory over that douchebag Franklin from now on....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Franklin is Shaka Smart without the fluke run on a big stage. He'll be out of the SEC in four years.

3. Unimane

Finally, we find common ground.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

2-6/6-6 with a bid to the CCVABBSBCA Pizza Bowl will go a lot farther at Vandy than anywhere else, and with the state of Kentucky and Ole Miss, that isn't out of the question.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Franklin seems to be a USDA Certified asshole. Talk all you want Jimmy. We'll beat that ass again next year.

He is a tool to get pissed about what is said in a locker room. Good grief, go change your tampon.

6. cotton

Problem is, I think he is right:

"I look at it as respect. Some people act like they won the Super Bowl and they beat a team that the two previous years had won four games total. Obviously we're closing the gap and threatening some people and making some people uncomfortable, so we'll see."

That's a UT problem, not a Vandy coach problem. We aren't supposed to care what the Vandy coach says. We aren't supposed to care what they do before or after the game. Beating Vandy is just the thing you have to do before beating Kentucky. It isn't something to be celebrated.

The fact that it is, and the fact that folks seemed to be concerned with what Franklin is saying and doing, is a statement about UT's program, not Vandy's.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Franklin's comments about "leaving the wound open" were ridiculous.

Tennessee does kick the shit out of Vandy on a regular basis. Why remind your players of that?

8. hatvol96

Exactly.

9. Unimane

Eh, at this point and time, it's not a big deal. They needed some release and they got it. I'll save the "act like you've been there before" stuff for when we should really have finished off the rebuilding job. I don't see this as a "hey, we beat vandy!" deal, it's more of a primal scream of frustration deal, which I can understand. Franklin's ego and stupidity makes him think it's about him.

And, who gives a flip if fans think the Vandy coach is a tool if he is.

10. hatvol96

Not really. If he's done as good as sales job on his team as some would have you believe, they don't care about the previous 100 games against UT. This is the only one in their memory bank.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Talks about respect and then pretty much denigrates his own players by insisting that no one should be excited about defeating them.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

They are trying to talk him up for the NC State job if it were to open. He seems like Ron Prince without a Bill Snyder to pick up the pieces.

13. cotton

Who gives a flip about the Vandy coach? And I ask that as a Vandy grad.

What is there to celebrate about beating Vandy? UT is 1-6. They just beat a team that is 2-6. Will we douse Dooley with Gatorade if he beats 1-6 Kentucky next week because it means we get to spend Chanukah on Music Row?

14. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It will be fun 'beating the shit out of Vandy' while he's here.

15. Unimane

The point isn't that they are celebrating beating Vandy. It's an emotion that released from a very trying and difficult month, which is what they are really celebrating. I don't think for a minute they'll douse him with Gatorade if they beat Kentucky, but it's not a terrible thing that they got to let loose once this year.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You answered your own question.

Is that where you and I want the program to be? No, but it's where we are.
    Should this game be relevant to UT past being a W? No, but right now it is.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As I said in another thread, if you've ever been on a team that just outright sucks, then you understand the celebration.

It's where we are. It sucks, but it's where we are.

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

This is nothing more than Franklin being butt hurt. Cotton, you said it shows where our programs is since we're paying attention to what Franklin says but that's not exactly the case. Any Vol fan is going to pay attention to another teams coach when he's bashing our coach and players. Especially when he's bashing them for something that more than likely happens after beating any team. We all knew coming into this game it was a lose/lose situation. On one hand beating Vandy is chalked up to nothing more than it's Vandy and we should beat them. On the other hand if we had lost then all hell would have broken loose and the nooses and pitchforks would be out.

I have no problem with the guys celebrating the win for multiple reasons:

1. Seniors last game in Neyland
    2. First SEC win of the season
    3. Bowl game is still acheivable
    4. Lost 5 of the last 6 previous games

19. volinbham

volinbham Member

If I were Franklin I might not have been such a [penis] about it in public but I sure would use it as a motivator anyway I could. I think Cotton nailed it.

20. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I find the aftermath delightful for one simple reason....now everybody can learn to hate everthing that is Vandy....to the very core of that shitty black hole.... like a good Vol should.