i wonder what official visitors will hear about Chaney/Dooley

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If their hosts are Channing Fugate, Vincent Dallas, Raijon Neal, or Michael Palardy. Can't imagine any of those guys would have much good to say based on their experiences...

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What would Palardy have to say? Maybe claim that Wylie messed up his lower body?

Fugate's relegation to obscurity was definitely odd given how lackluster the guy replacing him has been. Neal really, really could have used more time with Jay Graham. I don't really know what to think about Dallas. I'd be willing to bet he will be a special teams player the rest of his career.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Was my understanding Dallas couldn't catch a cold. Not sure how that's on coaches, other than their recruitment of him in the first pace.

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Zach Rogers has been 10Xs shittier the game day player and in his 3 years with Chaney, he's never been asked to switch positions. Dallas contributes when asked to as a freshman and is regulated to compete with Jaron Toney for mop up duty time as a DB.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't ever remember hearing about as many position switches after a player has been on campus as I have under Dooley. Is this normal?

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That his teammate stole his shit and his HC didn't have his back?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Austin Johnson started as a FB under Fulmer, switched to LB under Fulmer, switched back to FB under Kiffin before being moved back to LB by Dooley.

Corey Larkin finished as a DB I believe. Wade went from a WR to a CB under Fulmer.

I know there's more but I can't remember them now. It seemed to happen but not quite as much under Dooley.

The Fugate move still has me scratching my head

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Especially considering how well he was playing at times. I honestly don't remember a game where I saw a reason he should have been benched

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

In the coaches' defense, I doubt they see Zach doing any better anywhere else. At least Dallas is athletic enough to maybe work out as a DB.

Zach really should have been Sabaned

10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

It has always happened, I went from OT to DT. Several others where switched and have been as far as I can remember. Its not that big of a deal.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tennstud says "snitch."

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Vlad Richards started out as a DT and was moved to OG lyls.

I can't remember his name, but he started beside Malik in the Music City bowl at DT, he was a long time OL that Kiffin had moved to DT. Victor Shaw maybe?

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I just mean this often. Sure, it happens some. I know that...but this many players?

14. Oldvol75

Yes, they're just trying to find the best position for the player or either fill a need. They usually don't move you unless they think you would be better than those already there or building better depth.

15. Oldvol75

Yes, they're just trying to find the best position for the player or either fill a need. Sometimes they think that said player would be better than those already there.

Edit showed up as two posts.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Very good point.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ah. The inclusion of Chaney threw me off.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That they hate red dogs.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

No. It never happens the way it is currently happening. Dooley seems to be loyal to upperclassmen that were recruited by Kiffin and Fulmer and he could careless for his own recruits (with the exception of Da'Rick).

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could it be that he is just trying to keep the promises of the previous regime? I hate playing Dooley's advocate, but for conversation's sake.