If Butch is a Raging Success...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by UTgrad11, Jul 13, 2013.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Right. Tell me more about leadership please.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

What about "Riddance"?

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That's not what causes spite.

4. JayVols

Possibly.

5. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Something as simple as a difference of opinion causes spite with some.

6. JayVols

I really think there's little of that here. There have been zero bannings over differences of opinions.

Droski and myself are essentially oil and water when it comes to economics. We've had vigorous debates. I've had vigorous debates over the subject with 98% of the posters here for that matter. Yet, I think dros and the other guys I've had disagreements with are good decent folks that I wouldn't hesitate to hang out with and have a beer or twelve. I hope they feel the same way.

What causes spite is the insults to intellect and blanket statements about groups that are reaches at best. I'm guilty of that to an extent about the other place, but they have banned and sensored folks for vigorous debates/disagreements. Opposing voices have been silenced. Hell, the mere mention of the number 8 is almost grounds for banishment. It's petty ignorant shit like that that causes resentment and spite.

I don't agree with a lot of your views on the program, evaluation, and/or approach to being a fan. However, I don't support you being silenced here, and you haven't been. Turn the tables. Post some of the things you've posted here using the language and insults you have posted in this thread alone (I'm not attacking you or anything you have posted itt. I'm merely citing an example) at the other place and change it to being critical of anything in the program. How long would you, or anyone else last? You'd be gone in a blink. Silencing voices for the petty reasons they have been silenced in an effort to create a sunshine and rainbows atmosphere is what has caused much of the spite. The kind of burning, eternal spite you see from many here towards that place.

Again, I'm in no way trying to attack you or your views however strongly I may agree or disagree with them. I'm simply saying, in a nutshell, that you may hate the majority views here. They may hate your views. BUT, short of revealing personal info and blatant racism, EVERYONE is allowed to express his/her views here in whatever manner one chooses without having to be concerned with forced exclusion.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  7. limpleg

Cool jay. I have no problem with differing opinions. Throughout this thread, I don't think you will find that I told someone their opinion on jancek or Martinez was dead wrong. I asked for reasons why people thought he sucked. Nothing was really even debated that should've led to idiot, *******, etc. Not responding to that just isn't in my blood.
    I don't mind being the target at times. I can take it and it doesn't bother me. I think the way I type comes off differently than i plan at times. I just type and don't think about it, so I assume that tone would be hard to know. Really, I don't think I use enough pronouns or conjunctions or something.
    And I don't hate anybody's views. I don't think you see me going around telling people they are wrong. If we disagree so often as you say, I haven't really seen it.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

For the record, if the bastard had won, I'd have been pro-orange pants.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I, too, have noted the woeful lack of posters who are competent in a debate.

Are we ganging up on you? If so, can you provide an example of this? KPT's line of thought on this seems pretty sound - so many people oppose you because you're consistently wrong, and resort to this sort of half-assed namecalling when called on it.

Are we misreading it? Misunderstanding it? Ganging up on you? "Big-timing" (my personal fav, BTW) you? Making shit up?

Your shotgun- approach to rationalizing your lunacy and red-herring excuse-making is often difficult to follow.

10. Tenacious D

First, what have you got against women posting, exactly? Any one of Kat / Indy / FD are more knowledgable than you tout yourself as being.

He hired him to recruit. If he kept landing gigs for his coaching acumen, alone, or even primarily, he wouldn't have been fired three times in four years - a fact that you curiously keep ignoring, while "waiting to see".

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

8th maxim- "the big time."

12. limpleg

More drama. Since you like to go on diatribes of nothing and I am always wrong, why don't you give us a 2-3 page post of all the things you say i am wrong about. Since you say I am all the time, it shouldn't be difficult.
    Outside of not jumping on firing Dooley as early as you and others, support your assertion.
    But you can't. And you won't. Because you are fos.
    And I don't care if peons like you and kpt and ip get off on being pricks, and the bigtiming is you getting butthurt over your silly Gruden deal and giving me a warning like a damn wuss
    Again, I am wrong all the time, so support your stance. And try not to make anything up.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I mean did you seriously just call us peons in the same sentence where you accused us of "bigtiming"? Do you know what any of these words mean?

You are wrong. Constantly. I don't think you are capable of comprehending it.

14. limpleg

Like I said. I realizing telling people that makes you feel big. Let me try.
    Man, you are always wrong. I don't have many examples, but you are just wrong all the time.

15. Tenacious D

I'm unaware of what "drama" you are alleging. Unless you find it dramatic when someone expects something resembling a reasoned point, and that isn't littered with any number of invalid and/ or red herring arguments. I wouldn't consider that "dramatic" around here, but a matter of course for reasonable and intelligent adults. I might have just answered my own question.

Saying, "The only thing I was wrong about was Dooley" is akin to arguing that outside of a punctuated moment in Act III, Lincoln enjoyed the play.

This whole dual-course schtick of "woe is me" and "prove your e-manhood" (i.e. "finally some men posting" "wuss", etc.) is actually quite entertaining to myself and a number of others - honestly, what grown-assed man talks like that, even in a forum as casual as this? Your growing obsession with IP, KPT, et al is particularly amusing to me, as it must be to them.

If you can show me where I've been butt-hurt about anything, Gruden deal included, please point it out, as I've sincerely attempted to be pretty forthright about it.

If you think that you are capable of causing me enough concern as to gain even more than my cursory attention, then you're mistaken.

Finally, could you please point me me in the direction of where I have said you were wrong, and I'll be happy to go back through it and try to make my point more clearly. Knowing myself, and having read more than three of your posts, I'm confident that if I did accuse you of being wrong, I could easily defend such an assertion - just show me where it occurred.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You were just wrong. Like just now. There was an example of you being wrong in the post you just quoted. So again, you were wrong.

17. Tenacious D

I have honestly whittled down the possible causes to his other-worldly lack of even the most basic or sporadic comprehension to either

1. Willful obstinance
    2. Organic brain disease

Nothing else fits, at this point.

18. limpleg

About what? Spit it out man.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Are you reading whole posts or just snippets? It's pretty clear. Maybe when I ask you if you know what words mean you should really consider the question and consult a dictionary.

20. Tenacious D

He means, "A time when I was wrong....besides the most recent or glaringly obvious examples such as the one you just presented."