If Hatvol Executive Search Were Handling This...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I got some poetry I can hook you up with.

2. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

People who will actually make the hire

3. tripper

tripper Member

Gotcha and thanks. Sorry if I offend you by calling them idiots. But I am not privy to the list, so I default to your judgement. But if Barnes is at the top of the list, the list sucks as well as those who actually make the hire.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I'm ok with Barnes. Good recruiter, clean of NCAA troubles, would immediately be the one of the best coaches in a terrible league, and could weather any AD or Presidential changes. Also, if you can deal with Clemson and Texas boosters you can deal with any of them.

Other than Hurley, not sure we'd get a young up and comer willing to step into this briar patch of a UTAD that's worth a count.

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Now hold on there professor. Wasn't he making about 2.5 mil? Is he taking a serious paycut or are we forking over 2.5 for HIM? For some reason, I think he makes more sense for Bama. Haven't read that, but that just looks like a better place for him.

Also, what's all the talk about a search firm if this thing was in motion day 1?

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He was an assistant at Bama, long time ago.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Why would you think an unemployed coach would be able to demand the same salary as he was receiving from the school that terminated him?

8. TDVol1989

I didn't. I asked if was taking a big paycut or paying him close to what he made. With all the talk of our financial situation, it seems like he would be closer to the most we could pay. And, he isn't a bad coach. He should be able to get close to what he was making.

9. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

This hire would be a another failure period.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The light isn't dying, we've spooned our own eye balls out and then jumped down a mine shaft.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Other than Tennessee, who would be interested in him that would remotely pay that much?

12. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Not at all. I'm terrified as to who is actually on their list

13. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

No school with a competent administration.

14. TDVol1989

I am not following everyone else's coaching search, but off the top of my head, I would think Bama would pay him that much IF they wanted him. But, I would guess we would pay him at least close to 2 mil. In my opinion, that kind of money could easily interest a Hurley. That would be my hope anyway. I just think we need a shot of excitement. I will say again that I don't personally think Barnes is the most thrilling hire, but I wouldn't lose my mind over it. I am concerned that if his recruiting had slipped a bit in Texas, not sure how he would do in Knoxville.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i wouldn't hate it. wouldn't love it.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

if he can come in here and go to tournaments for a few years and let us get the clown troupe out of town

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That's how I feel. And then I remember how much anger I felt during the Jerry Green years. Something about wasting riches that is particularly painful.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Dave Leitao is back at DePaul and Chris Mullin is heading to St John's, Bobby Hurley is there for the taking.

20. jjacks6790

jjacks6790 Member

BUT SO IS RICK BARNES AND HES A BARGAIN OMGZ, please kill me now. I cannot deal with the insufferable mediocrity that will go on for an eternity because we will never fire Rick Barnes. Hopefully the competition of coaches in the SEC continues to get better and he won't be able to succeed simply because he's in a lackluster SEC.. Not that I'll be actively rooting again UT basketball, but I just cannot stand settling and mediocrity. It's like marrying your highschool sweet heart, F*** that.

I know Dave Hart's going to be getting pats on the back for this hire too which is just absurd. Insane even. I am going to lose my mind if this actually happens.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015