If you were an Offensive Coordinator...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kidbourbon, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No. #WWBD?

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

You give your best player an opportunity to make a play. And if that doesn't work, you don't deserve it.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The one flaw in this plan is that in order for him to have that chance, our average ass QB has to get the ball there.

4. kidbourbon

As opposed to our much less than average OL blocking a group of individuals they clearly demonstrated they couldn't block.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You line up like it's a run, then the wr and te run the fade route to the right, but Peyton runs the boot leg to the left, touchdown baby.

Crap, different game

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

As hard as OU was crashing on everything, try this at 3:19

[youtube]xVnq36uDPys[/youtube]

If that doesn't work, you've got another down.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I would have done this on 4th down if the run didn't work.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bring in as many big bodies as possible with North wide and a rb behind Worley.

You may be able to block long enough to let Worley throw the fade

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I run it twice.

If not this is a better option.

The one we chose put 3/4 of the players on the field in the endzone. Crazy place to throw the ball.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Honestly, the what would Briles do question isn't an awful one. I think 5 wide and QB draw might have been the answer. At least with his last two QBs.

11. 5-wide was probably not the best choice, but if Worley runs it he likely scores and we're not having this conversation.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Worley seems to take too long to make a decision. Which is why cramming five guys into a tiny space like the endzone and expecting him to make a good split second decision and accurate throw seems a bad idea.

13. kidbourbon

His reluctance to take off and run is absurd. He's not as slow as he thinks.

14. kidbourbon

Where in the video is it? It's only 5:56 long.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And this leads me to believe that no matter if we change the OC or not, we will still run the same offense.

I hope it works when he gets in a QB that he will let run it. But until then, it can be painful to watch.

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Obviously some OC's have no control and some have almost full control of the offense. Bajakian has a lot more control than Chaney.

17. kidbourbon

This is my beef with it as well.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Prior to Saturday I might have said the coaches have coached him not to scramble in an effort to avoid injury. But it's now clear they are actively trying to murder him.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only receiving threats by that time were North, Malone and Helm. Croom failed miserably after I said he had looked good all camp and Johnson isn't winning 1 on 1 match ups against Oklahoma.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's trying to make a play with his arm because he's got north to throw it to. I can understand that but be aware of where you're at.