I'll be drunk when Mr. Coe gets out of prison......

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Sep 15, 2015.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Did you see the Snopes response?

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, snopes wasn't exactly defending Sharpton, just that the $4.5 million figure may or may not be accurate.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It is, generally, very good and well researched.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Exactly. It was a non-comment, which isn't the snopes standard.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Nah, I'm on mobile at work, and I don't care that much.

This thread has the makings of pure gold though. Mentions of Coe and Sharpton in the same thread, with comparisons drawn between the two, has great potential.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

snopes comment was that they know there is a tax debt and but that they couldn't validate it's size, so they are undecided on the amount. They absolutely didn't refute the claim. The lack of lawsuit by Sharpton is plenty of evidence that he owes the IRS a lot of money.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

We don't have debtors prison. Owing the IRS money doesn't necessarily mean you have committed a criminal offense.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Please reread my posts. Then ask yourself, "Did IP say he didn't owe any money? Did IP in any way state that he was a fan of Sharpton? Does IP typically glorify "reverends?"

I said that we actually don't know how much he owed/owes, whether he still owes it or not, or whether he is making payments or not. The insinuation you made was that he was getting special treatment. I'm saying that there isn't anything demonstrating that.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know what that even means. Cult following how?

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Fanatics might have been a better term to use. I worked with a couple of guys that believed in checking everything against snopes. I've not really got anything against the site, but citing it is better than saying, "It's on the internet so it must be true," only just.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you have examples of when they were off?

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

There was a question at work over something none of us had any real direct knowledge where the site contradicted some other reputable sources.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

of course he's getting special treatment. He hasn't been to trial, he hasn't been put in prison and his offices haven't been closed.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

exactly. Not necessarily, but it certainly means you've committed a civil offense and have a very good chance at having committed a criminal offense.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If his assets haven't been levied he's either got a miracle whether lawyer or he's getting special treatment.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He needs a little time off for bad behavior.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

[​IMG]

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I believe snipes flat out refused to pay.

19. hatvol96

He was part of an elaborate scheme to evade. Judges and US Attorneys hate that. Ric Flair owes the IRS a shitload of money. They haven't seized his stuff.

20. hatvol96

Do his assets actually have that value? Who knows what mortgages, et al they have on them.