Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 12, 2013.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Meant as in running. Since the Constitution requires that the President be a natural born citizen.

Loss of citizenship at birth alters the definition of natural born citizen.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hmm. True.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That is also a stupid and outdated rule.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Still a tough one to change, whether stupid or not.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

All it takes is the right candidate. If Arnold hadn't bowed to the unions it might have been him.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The right candidate, 2/3 of both houses of congress, and 38 states.

7. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Of course it didn't spring up over the last 6 years, but a democratic Congress pretty much torpedoed any hope of what Bush was hoping to do with the border inthe 2nd part of his 2nd term. We started working on getting things in order, but between Congress and human rights people, it kept getting recycled and now is a far cry from where it was in the pecking order 6-10 years ago. Our borders being the way they are, as droski said, are going to lend themselves to states having huge financial burdens of trying to help these people. Alas, its all about people making a better life for themselves, no? So, **** the states and what they want, its all about the people.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We need to dramatically change our welfare state and the war on drugs, but I have no issue with people coming here for a better life. I'd do the same thing, if I were in their shoes. I'll start to worry when people stop wanting to come here to increase their lot.

We create the market for an illegal workforce with our labor laws and we all benefit from them doing the work that we value as beneath us as Americans.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep.

You can't find roofers or framers that will work. They can't get paid in anything but cash because "it will mess my check up".

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That or masonry work.

GahLee likes this.
  11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'm all for people coming to the US to better their lives and situations. All I ask is that they follow the rules and procedures. Failure to do so makes them guilty of a crime the moment they step foot on US soil.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I know we've kicked this idea around, but why not force those who receive welfare benefits to attend training to learn some type of skill? Have them perform the federal and state work of repairing roads and such to earn their paycheck?

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Because we make that system a cluster**** to go through with in this country. We had a Jamaican roommate in college. The state paid for him to come here and his education and then they were going to deport him back till he married a fat white girl for a few years.

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Understood, it doesn't make it any less of a crime though based on our laws.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes, but there are 4 illegals for every job of that variety needed. or at least there are in the border states.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Because they don't want to work and would be terrible at it.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm for food banks any other service beyond that should require work on public projects.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm all for food banks. if you can't make the effort to come pick up your free groceries you ain't starving.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

All I read was "I hate Democrats."

I'm happy to be judged by my enemies.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

But the first and second parts of his first term, and the first part of his second term nothing was stopping him.