I'm rooting against us

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Oct 29, 2012.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

In every game until Dooley is officially fired. Am I a bad person?

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I couldn't call myself a fan if I did that. It's a difficult place to be right now no doubt.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Just a shortsighted one.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

No need. I'm pretty sure he can't survive by winning out.

6. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

Why? ....his fate is already sealed.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I root for the players to play well but I also root for bad coaches to be beaten by better ones.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Depends on whether or not you believe Masochism makes you a bad person.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Idk if it makes you a bad person, but they will probably make you hand in your VFL card.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

But this thread is proof of what happens the longer this guy stays. Let people root for the Vols unadulterated again, and get Dooley as far away from Neyland Stadium, the Crystal Ball, the color orange and Smokey ASAP.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I won't root against the team or else what is the point of being a UT fan? Dooley is gone no matter what happens the rest of the season so there is also no reason to say shit to his wife and kids. Not that anyone on this site would do that but at this point, we just need to ride it out and be patient.

12. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I can never pull against the VOLS, but I can pull against a coach.

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I have full confidence Dooley will screw it up.

14. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

I guess this is really what I mean. I'm just frustrated.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Not so sure about that at this point. My faith wanes more every day that he is the coach.

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Dooley is challenging everyone's fandom, imo. If we can make it through this train wreck, better days are at the end of the Dooley tunnel. The challenge is getting through this garbage regime. Somebody asked me about the game this morning and all I said was "it has been the same shit for 3 years now".

17. Montrell

Montrell New Member

I just want him gone. I thought it would have happened by now. If losing another game is what it takes to get him out, then I'm fine with it, not that I will root against them. I want to support these players the rest of the season but it's hard to do with the HC there. The longer this drags out the worse it is for the fans.

18. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

OV, are you still humming Jimmy Buffett?

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

what does it matter now? Wins against the dregs suck.

20. HopVol

HopVol Member

I could never pull against the Vols. I lived in Fl for a while in the 90s and knew alot of Fl fans. I tried to pull for them as long as they weren't playing my Vols. It made me feel dirty and I had to stop.