In Memoriam: 17/18 Vols SEC Champs Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Nov 5, 2017.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If we make it I may go to Atlanta.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'll definitely go if they make it to ATL

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

hoops is a game of momentum swings. the 3 step "euro" drive from the key by #22, who carries the ball every other dribble, turned a UT lead into a deficit and got their crowd and team back up. Huge momentum swing

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I thought the absolute failure to block out on the missed free throw seemed to open up a swing.

5. Ssmiff

Jmo, but schofield was still a little off, and Alexander's man crashed down on both he and admiral and admirals guy circled around. Basically a pick. Ball luckily rolled out for them. Alexander thought he had his man boxed and he did, but should have gone up to get the ball.
    That big dunk follow up by ky would have been a foul had admiral not been ball watching and boxed out.

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Tom Crean has UT in the Final Four.

7. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Look who’s back

10SEvols likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Looks like #voltwitter has declared war on Vitale.

justingroves likes this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The Washington Post called him out, lol

10. CardinalVol

I really can't comment on yesterday's game as I watched the whole thing on mute.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

He did chant rocky top too.

He just is what he is. I don't like it, but I don't think there is anything behind his frequent obsession over blue bloods. They are a significant share of the cbb audience

12. CardinalVol

He could be calling Savannah State and Grand Canyon U and I'd watch on mute. I can't stand it anymore.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah. He laid it on pretty thick yesterday, but it’s who he is. He’s insufferable though

justingroves likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Grand Canyon u! Switching to a nonprofit model, baby! Still a religious school, still loving jesus with a capital j! Oh ya, beautiful! I love that big canyon!

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You missed out on some pretty good commentary on Kentucky's win over Arkansas in the SEC tournament.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And some Cal slobbing.

17. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I have several friends online who were [itch bay]ing about the refs robbing UT against UK and about Dickie V's UK homerism. These people are delusional. The refs did not overtly do anything to give UK the game and Vitale was cheerleading for UT during the game as well. Hells bells, it's who he is. He was cheering for the runs and just excited. He's not for everybody but he wasn't dissing UT. FFS if UT had won the game he would have been singing Rocky Top. Lay off of the old man. He loves what he does and has fun. He's not my favorite but he definitely doesn't deserve the backlash.

18. Ssmiff

A good commentator sees a blatant travel and calls it out, versus getting fired up with the big blue and screaming "are you kidding me!" over and over about the 3 point play. Jmo. Just call the game. Get excited. Fine. But actually see something, like a travel or push. He doesn't see half of what's happening on the court.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He was biased and sucks goat balls. It is who he is.

dknash and justingroves like this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's just annoying as hell, even when he was speaking highly of Tennessee