Indy's Madden 2017 Circle Jerk Online Season

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Jan 28, 2017.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'm advancing this to week 2 tonight. Let anyone know who hasn't played to play.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Only person we are waiting on is Packers guy.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Rockyhillvol isn't gonna have any draft picks left at this point. But I guess it's worth it to get Clowney and Fairley on your DL?

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Worth it.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That wasn't really a question. We all know it's worth it. I just think trading multiple draft picks to pick up a 91 OVR player is a bit cheesy.

And if anyone knows cheese, its me.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Are we RTA? Packers guy still hasn't played, but Harry was saying he was going to advance last night.

7. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I think we need to figure out when or how often these are going to advance or its going to create problems

Is it

A. After everyone plays
    B. Hard advances on set days
    C. Whenever Harry feels like it.

8. RockyHill

I think it should be hard advances. I don't think it being random is really fair to everyone. And I don't think waiting on people to play really makes sense either.

9. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

And for the record, I have no problems with how this is being ran overall.

I just like the "when to advance" issue is something that needs to be addressed to keep everyone on the same page.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Sorry I got home late last night and had to be at work early. Packers game is going right now then I will advance. Every 4 days advance ok unless problem setting up user game?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hi, independent virtual football league consultant here.

You really want to set a hard advance 'drop dead" time at the start of each week. If you advanced on Monday, everyone needs to know that if they aren't done by noon on saturday, they are SOL (for example). If you set the drop dead time for something like 4 or 5 days, more often than not people will all be done before then and you will end up advancing 1.5 to 2 times a week.

Make users communicate in this thread to set up times, so there is no question about who was being unresponsive or what the plan was. if someone is unresponsive or no-shows, the other player gets to play the AI.

These things die if there is no structure whatsoever, or if they move in real-time (or worse).

Might I suggest a doodle poll to see when most people are generally available?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember that when things were running the best in the NCAA dynasties, we had it as "get it done within 4 days of a new week or it is on you," but then gave a little grace if the folks not done were being communicative and had a reasonable plan to get it in. Sometimes we'd advance 3 or 4 times a week, sometimes only once or twice, but it averaged out to about twice a week. Sundays and Fridays.

13. VB

VB Member

Where are you at these days?

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Week 2 is up...

15. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Pretty much agree with all of this.

Plus communication is super important. If nobody is talking to each other, interest is killed quick.

A huge reason the dynasties lasted so long is because everyone in it balanced their shit talk with being incredibly communicative with one another.

16. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

PC?

Pretty sure I haven't seen IP on Live in well over a year or two. Maybe more.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

DC. Moved back east to live with the previously long distance girlfriend. That's going well. I'm not super excited about living in DC the rest of my life but it could be a lot worse. I just prefer mountains or rugged coasts.

At least it isn't Kansas or something.

18. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I'm apparently behind then.

I thought you were still out in Denver.

19. VB

VB Member

Sounds terrible. Move back to Denver

20. RockyHill

Obviously I'm saying this because it's in my best interest, but it may be worth considering turning off injuries. I've got my QB and a starting WR out several weeks. I don't really care all that much because the games will be against the computer and it won't really hurt me, but if for example I had a really good QB and he tore his ACL or something like that I'd be kinda pissed. I've never done an online dynasty before so I have no idea what people usually do.