POLITICS Inflation /General Finance Insanity

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by HCKevinSteele, Oct 30, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who pays him? I know allegedly some people follow the opposite of his advice and make money.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He’s a corporate snake’s oil salesman and carnival barker.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Inverse Cramer is the best investment strategy out there right now.

zehr27 likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

Poppa T and utvol0427 like this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yep. Unfortunately, the ripple will hit those that can't afford the hits, not the big guys.

Did a little research. Poorly run, imo.

The CEO is a University of Memphis guy. They are $700+ million in debt to government, Treasury holds a 30% stake of that loan, they did alot of acquisition of Chinese companies.

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...-yellow-shuts-down-operations-wsj-2023-07-30/

zehr27 likes this.
  7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Look at the severance plan if you really want to get mad. Run a company in the ground and get rewarded is the new thing.

Poppa T and IP like this.
  8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Unfortunately, it is not a new thing

zehr27 and HCKevinSteele like this.
  9. NorrisAlan

Gas prices confuse me.

Wiegels at my exit jumped from 2.92 to 3.39 two weeks ago, I [itch bay]ed, went back down the 3.12 and then, over night last night, BAM, 3.52 a gallon this morning.

Pisses me off to no end. Must be nice to be able to push your extra costs off onto the person down the line from you so your profit margin doesn't change.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I can explain. I had to go into the office today and don't have enough gas to get home.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Decent WSJ read on how Universities are keeping the runaway train rolling that is the ever exponentially increasing cost of a higher education as the most inflated sector in all of society compared to the cost of a higher education from past generations.

In the end I think it’s inappropriate to champion the idea floating out there from the hard left that advocates for the taxpayer to one day fully-or mostly-subsidize the costs of higher education for all who want to attend a public university. All because these greedy for-profit first and foremost institutions have successfully created a generational student loan debt crisis. The marketplace finally having enough with their bloating greed and ultimately forcing their hand so that they have to readjust their business model on how they price a college education is a much better/fairer way to go about achieving a college education that doesn’t trap Americans into tens of thousands of dollars in debt on average as they begin adulthood and join the workforce.

12. NorrisAlan

justingroves likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Can I sue the NFT investors for being insufferable [unt cay]s?

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

With AI I’d say NFTs find a role but the government was throwing free cash and it had to go somewhere and everywhere so bullshit like this got a huge pop too

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Maybe, but I think the idiocy of things like Bored Apes along with NFT collectors being mercilessly ridiculed on social media helped kill a lot of the appeal.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
  17. NorrisAlan

This would have been a thing no matter what the government did. It was the next Comic Book/Baseball Card/Beanie Babies/Kincaid Painting/Dot.Com/CDO/Crypto Coin get rich scheme that sucked in all the suckers with even a modicum of cash on them. It was New and Exciting and was surely never going to lose value.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

yeah it would have popped but not to the level it did without the direct payments and 0% interest that helped to fuel it.

I think the technology will last and is interesting in a world where proving authenticity is going to be a challenge digitally. However there’s a lot of bullshit with it too.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

People have been blowing their money on stupid shit long before the government was throwing free cash out. NFTs just were another thing in that long list of stupid shit.

justingroves and HCKevinSteele like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Should have bought boats. At least then you'd have a boat.

emainvol and HCKevinSteele like this.