POLITICS Inflation /General Finance Insanity

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by HCKevinSteele, Oct 30, 2022.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Wait the same people mad that he hadn't been arrested yet are now mad that he has been arrested? Hard to keep up with that crowd.

The Dooz and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think they may be getting goosed by conservative media.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Whatever he was going to say to a grandstanding Congressional committee will come out in excruciatingly more detail in an actual criminal trial.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's all been very strange. If this was a top donor of a sitting GOP president I would think this would be getting different attention. Just a guess.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What if no trial ever happens? What would you think about that?

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I don’t think you are understanding this at all. 12 hours before he was going testify under oath? Lol come on dude

Indy likes this.
  7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea, I’m *sure* SBF personally takes the stand at his own trial. Come on now. Let’s be real about what is going on here.

And let’s not be silly about conservatives now not “wanting him arrested”. That’s just incorrect. It’s the timing of it on the heels of him publicly testifying under oath. Lazy assessment here

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It would definitely be getting a different reaction from team blue. That’s for certain. But, politics and cheering for your favorite side and such will make you spin things however

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, he'd never get arrested.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you saying if he dies, or do you think they will hold him 2 to 6 years?

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Correct, more focus would be put on impeachment trial.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I spit my drink out on that one. That’s funny IP

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm saying some sort of bullshit deal is made

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Since you've never watched a Congressional hearing before in your life, let me break down what really happens in these things. Committee members normally get 5-10 minutes of time to waste as they see fit. They'll spend the first 3-4 minutes spewing strange ramblings which make it clear that they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. They'll try to squeeze in a poorly conceived gotcha question ready to go out on a campaign email within minutes that again demonstrates a complete lack of knowledge about whatever the session is about. The person of interest (SBF in this case) will say something along the lines of "Thank you Mr/Ms. Congress person. It's an honor to be here to talk about the important subject on x , yada yada yada [insert some marketing mumbo jumbo about x]. SBF will then restate the question in its entirety to chew up even more time, then at best give a vaguely worded reply that might be somewhat tangentially related to the general topic of the meeting (think Les Miles answering a reporter's question at halftime except even more off topic). Time is up for that committee member. Rinse and repeat for 5 hours.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If this happened, we'd have serious problems. But the probability of it is zero.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I’ve watched congressional committee hearings and know how they work. So that’s a goofy lie. Get your facts right

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll be right with you if he doesn't get publicly tried and/or years in jail. And by years, I mean more time than someone caught with a joint or something.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think you use the word "lie" the way most people do. If someone says, "you must be new here," you would say "I'm not, you liar."

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I think this is a narrative intentionally designed to poison the well for present day political "points". It took about 2 years for both the Enron and Theranos crowd to go to trial after things fell apart and I think that's the general timeline we should assume here.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It was a dumb paragraph to write based on a premise about me that was not true, so I corrected the record. Most people don’t say crazy, untrue things like people who appreciate the constitution “are on the side harping for a return to slavery” like you famously did because according to you “sometimes you use extreme rhetoric to get points across”. Afford me the same grace you afford to yourself, please