Interesting video on Sandy Hook

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Oldvol75, Jan 14, 2013.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Funny, i would argue the "we need all kinds of guns to defend us from
    The government" to be pretty fear-based.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Funny, I would argue that the founding fathers fighting "the government" at that time disagree with you.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

As thousands killed in the past year agree with me.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

These conversations always remind me of Farmer Shays. I remember how the founding fathers treated with him.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

As many more thousands killed in the past year by cars agree they should be removed from the streets.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So few loudmouthed idiots = fear mongering?

And that also has nothing to do with my point.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Haha.

8. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Safe to say the world is an overwhelmingly dangerous place.

The disagreement is how much we can protect ourselves. With a motor vehicle you take the risk while driving.

Elimination of assault rifles is the tip of the iceberg with regard to gun control. I know volume seems to be current argument but hand guns are a far greater problem in this country.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hand guns are about 10 million times more dangerous than the so called "assault rifles" that people want banned. It's funny watching people that don't have a clue about guns get all worked up over AR-15's when that's not the problem.

Hand guns are much more easily concealed, just as easy to shoot and just as easy to reload.

It's a combo of mentally unstable people, people not taking the care to put guns away when not in use and dumbasses that think having a gun makes them invincible. People calling for bans aren't getting at the problem, they're just pissing off the millions of responsible gun owners.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People will find a way to kill people regardless of how easy it is to access guns. I don't see the point in blaming a gun when a lunatic decides to go off. I never have and I never will. It's easy to point blame a gun though, I guess that's why.

It's a lot harder to call out parents that had kids doped up on ritalin, prozac etc and not dealing with an issue. And the Sandy Hook deal? You're living with a psycho that's threatened bodily harm on you. It is the mother's fault for having a gun where the guy could get them. That's not a gun issue and a ban isn't going to help it either.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

1) It is a silly arguement; as if a few running around with deer rifles could match the military firepower. I do know a few who I would otherwise consider rational that want assault weapons to protect themselves and their families during the apocalypse they feel is coming (i.e., market meltdown, natural disaster, manmade disaster, etc.).

2) Because deflection is easier than answering the question.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Holding people accountable for their actions is not politically correct.

13. OrangeEmpire

Typical political over reaction not directly dealing with all aspects of the problems.

I dont blame the Obama political machine for exploiting the tragedy. Team Obama needs any thing and every thing to hang their hat on.

Im not naive enough to believe they truly care about responsible gun control. Gun related crime in this country is despicable with or without these mass shootings.

It would be refreshing to actually address gun control not limited to political buzz words of the day.

:)

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm sorry, how does this remind you of the rebellion?

15. OrangeEmpire

Evil white conservatives

Only thing worse is evil white conservative industries

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They don't want to fund his research

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I would like a little commentary on how the founders were witness to an armed rebellion, and though they put the rebellion down, they didn't ban the arms they were carrying.

Hm. What ya think IP?

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The California Democrat [Sen. Dianne Feinstein] intends to expand on the ban that expired in 2004, by including handguns and shotguns, in addition to rifles. She would decrease from two to one the number of cosmetic features on a gun to have it be considered an “assault weapon.” This means that if a gun has just one item like a pistol grip or bayonet lug, then it is illegal.

Read more: MILLER: National
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

19. OrangeEmpire

South Carolina always does something silly every 50 years or so.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What about a shotgun with a pistol grip used to turkey hunt with? That's a pretty popular modification.