Interesting video on Sandy Hook

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Oldvol75, Jan 14, 2013.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

This is the closest I could find to a shotgun that would support a dragunov stock. The stock being modular (changeable), so what is more important is an action that will support a similar stock.

ARMSLIST - For Sale: Saiga 12 gauge shotgun w/ dragunov stock

And turns out that is what it was. That's what I get for trying to ID the thing rather than just look up the report...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  2. punkcat

punkcat Member

MP5? Puss. We use the AR sims rounds. It recommends at least a 6' distance but that don't mean shit. They hurt.

3. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Tac guys had the mp5s, we were using our 357.

4. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

What was the total number of people wounded at Sandy Hook? Why where there no people hit by rounds that went through a wall or ricocheted off of something? If this gunman was "spraying rounds", why where there only "kill" shots?

5. fl0at_

Does your school have walls that are made of drywall?

I, for whatever reason, always remembered mine to be brick or cinder block. Most low caliber rounds don't pass through mortared in brick or cinderblock very well.

The "point blank range" nature of the attack, and follow on shots made it more likely to be fatal.

6. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

But thats something we may never know for sure if all the shots where point blank. I just don't see kids standing that still having been around them all my life.

I have been at schools that have had dry wall walls. I agree, most are cinderblock.

7. fl0at_

Loud noises typically make kids freeze or hide. Hidden children are frozen.

Think about when it used to thunder when your children were little.

We used to train duck and cover when I was that young. Not sure if still do, but that would have been my response as a child.

Which means I'd be frozen and not moving.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Piers Morgan is claiming over 100,000 Americans are shot by guns every year. That can't possibly accurate, can it? Even including criminals/intruders, etc.

9. fl0at_

Wouldn't surprise me. Lump in suicides, accidents, intentional shootings, and even grazings and it wouldn't surprise me at all.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Didn't think about suicides.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Just had a triple murder/suicide a couple of days ago about 50 miles from me in Erwin, TN- yes the town that hanged an elephant with a railroad crane in 1916. A father (47) shot and killed his wife (39), daughter (12), and son (10) before killing himself. Tragic. I watch the Super Bowl with someone that knew them. They said he was a bit 'touched'.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You don't say.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I can understand offing yourself (somewhat i guess), but do you really have to take others with you? bleh

14. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I would be amazed if the number was this low.