POLITICS Iran

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by kptvol, Jan 7, 2020.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I have a general expectation that on Friday, you are going to say really dumb things due to beer and golf.

But you've surpassed that, today.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

For saying I dont think they accidentally fired a missile and accidentally hit a plane? Please.

3. fl0at_

No, for the entirety of the thread.

Believing it isn't accidental is one thing. To equate that to terrorism is another. To not care why it was done (when done on purpose) is a whole other, other thing.

You've done all the above, and keep going.

4. Ssmiff

At first Iranian govt officials tried to claim it was never a missile. Engine failure or some bs.
    Now they say, oops you know what, that was us. Big accident (thumps his chest mouthing "that's on me. Thanks on me") like a missed bounce pass. Sounds legit

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

no. misidentified what the plane was and shot it down. I.e. they thought it was a threat attacking them.

that you fail to even understand what it is we are saying at all is kind of interesting. In an Anthropological sense.

6. Ssmiff

Iranians who threatened to kill and put the world on notice with missile launches and warnings for killing one of their fellow terrorists, just might be terrorists.

7. Ssmiff

Thing is IP and float, you guys can insult your way thru and have your own opinions. You 2 are the ones who have a major problem when someone doesnt agree with you. I have my opinion of what happened. Woulda been the slowest fighter ever recorded on radar, but I can see how you'd line with what the iranians are now saying.

8. fl0at_

You don't understand what a surface to air missile is, do you?

There is disagreement, and then there is just pure stupidity.

9. fl0at_

Right. And just how has Iran benefited, or shown the world, anything, by purposely shooting down this passenger plane?

10. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

"Yew guyz always insult people who dont agree with yew"

*Continues to compare those who disagree as terrorists-sympathizers, foreign-nationalist sympathizers, and anti-American knobs*

Can't wait for the, "Your so emotional and Im so calm" talk that's coming next.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

it is a relief to know you don't have a major problem with me disagreeing with you.

Nust curious, can you link to where Iran is saying they accidentally shot it down?

12. Ssmiff

Ha. JV here mouthing off. Keep it going. The more my thought process differs from a select few on here, the better.

Btw I was joking about Iran sympathizers and IPs avi. Dumbass

13. Ssmiff

Float I've not once said they purposely shot down a passenger plane. I'm not sure they cared what it was or were competent enough to think it thru. Reactionary regardless. Computer didn't fire on it's own.
    And again yes if those in charge just fired a dozen missiles and threatened the world, I consider them terrorists. They were before they fired the missile. Unsure why you have a hard time with me labeling as such.

14. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Haven't been around in awhile. Nice to know you've fully embraced the role of village idiot.

15. Ssmiff

Big fella

16. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Need to reign in those emotions there, chief.

17. Ssmiff

Last i read, Iran aviation officer was denying a missile hit the plane, questioning how a pilot can "turn around".
    IP do you think the dude we just killed and the leaders preaching about what they are gonna do to us are not terrorists?
    This new excuse that they fired 12 missiles and tried not to hurt anybody? Seriously. "We were only aiming for equipment." Come on.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah, so Iran is saying the OPPOSITE of what I, and others, were saying.

I do not believe a state actor fits the term as it is usually employed. bin Laden was a terrorist, Hussein was a dictator. A military operator firing on a target mistaken for a military one is not a terrorist act. Being Iranian isn't terrorism.

19. Ssmiff

If you (not you you) support terrorists, you are with them, imo. You are who you hang with. The dudes making the decisions to fire any missiles, are doing so because their terrorist buddy was killed. They fired them at a US base. They threatened more destruction. Then they shot a plane down. I consider all of that as terrorism.
    I didn't say anything about Iranian civilians.

20. fl0at_

Because terrorism and state actions have vastly different requirements, and legitimizes terrorism.

State actions have rules. States are allowed to defend their air space. States are allowed to [uck fay] up.

Neither of those things are true of terrorism. You want to bring Iran down to the level of terrorism, but that is not how they are recognized within the bounds of rules of war.

They must be labeled as what they are, so as to allow labeling of the other as the other.

IP likes this.