POLITICS Iran

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by kptvol, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Get ahold of yourself, Ayatollah.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

you told me what?

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Settle down, dad.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So Iran shot down a civilian plane, but it's Trump's fault because it never would have happened if he hadn't taken out Soleimani? Come on.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I like all of the "prove to me there was an imminent threat" talk. He was a bad dude with American blood on his hands. It was long overdue.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

iran still acting like it didn't happen. They should probably go ahead and bomb somewhere else so everybody forgets about this one. I'm sure their target list is written in crayon right next to the dudes who didn't accidently shoot down the plane.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You know why Iran isn't bragging about this, the way they do everything else?

Cause they [uck fay]ed up.

If they hadn't, they'd be talking about how they're going to destroy the world, and blah blah blah.

justingroves, IP and Tenacious D like this.
  8. Tenacious D

Saw a video that showed the crash site just 20 hours or so after the plane hit the ground, and there wasn’t a shred of debris on it. Nothing.

Clean dirt in a field, like nothing happened.

But I also read where they’re going to let the Canadians, Boeing and probably even the US’ NTSB come and investigate, which is a testament to how universally trusted and revered those cats are.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

oh, so it wasn't an imminent threat?

10. Tenacious D

Note this post, IP, and the high praise I’ve heaped on this non-DOD gub-mint outfit.

Throw the NRC in there, too, and a few more.

They are very few, but they exist.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Your standard is not unattainable, and it is not unfair.

Tenacious D likes this.
  12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Doesn't matter if there was or wasn't. The piece of shit is dead.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think anyone claimed he was alive? But there is a circular logic to all of it.

14. Ssmiff

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They finally admitted it was a mistake.

Sad, but it happens, and I am impressed they admitted it. Of course they heap most or all the blame on the US, but baby steps.

16. Ssmiff

Itchy trigger finger after firing a dozen missiles in an act of war. I assume they get a pass for 4 days of lying about it, knowing full well the truth. Terrorist regime gonna terrorist regime.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, pretty obvious at this point we had a shot to take him out and made up the reason to justify it. Maybe I should care more. I just don't. I don't think it's out of bounds to say there were probably going to be more events in that area if he was alive.

A-Smith likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

And this is a general political statement, and could be used for either party in power, but it's really, really sad that we as a society will demonize a POTUS more than a radical murderer for political points. Just tip your tap and say good job.

VolDad, Tenacious D and Ssmiff like this.
  19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think they’re really scoring that many political points either.

Tenacious D likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

Nope, which makes it even more ridiculous. But makes their base happy I guess.