It's Happening Again.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, May 25, 2013.

1. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Are you a reformed pumper? You have amazing abilities. I'm back on the train!

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why is it always a train, rather than other forms of transportation?

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It's a lot harder to stop a train than a Prius. That's my guess.

4. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

I think it's sexual, like running a train.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No

6. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I want 13-0 as well, however I would be ecstatic to qualify for and win a bowl game this year.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It allowed Phil to hang around far too long while our rivals passed us by.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

I don't think it's delusional optimism to say this is at least one thing we don't need to worry about

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I thought vollygirl asked for her membership to be rescinded.

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Before the fall of western civilization, though?

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I don't think the hatred of the VFL crowd should warrant the pessimism of predicting a loss to AP.

12. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Ain't gonna lie, WKU terrifies me.

13. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

You leave Jenny Wright out of this!

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Why? I'm sure the 80,000 in attendance could easily set the stadium ablaze.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Not enough misspelling.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You people act like you expect Butch to fail. Let the man coach one game. Right now it's our duty to quit providing negativity and be supportive. What would a recruit think if he read this thread? Some of you guys just need to go root for 'Bama if you can't handle a little adversity. Geeze. Sometimes I think I'm the only true and sane fan around here.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This team just doesn't have the talent to win more than 7 games. They just don't. And it make take a lot of lucky breaks to pull that off. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just using blind fandom as a guide. If "that guy" had gotten hired, I'd say maybe 8 this year just because of his rumored staff....maybe. It doesn't matter. There's just not enough talent. People need to remember that the best coach in the SEC in my life (I'm not counting the Bear since he was on the tail end of his career in my life) only won 6 his first year at Bama.

I've said over and over and over I think Jones is a good football coach. I'm just not sure good is good enough to compete for SEC titles. Now, to date he has drastically over-performed how I ever imagined he would in the recruiting world. Hopefully he'll exceed my expectations on the field too. I really, really like what he has done so far (other than Jancek as DC), but all that really matters is what I see on the field.

Note - WKU also scares me as well.

18. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

TOOS - Butch gets it

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I even think he is getting too much credit for the recruiting so far. Lots of built in advantages this year. To me, he is merely holding serve. Of course, it's been awhile since we witnessed that so I somewhat understand how this creates excitement.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

I'd be more worried about WKU if they were in about year 3 with Petrino. It's taken a while to get rolling at his prior stops.