Jalen Hurd Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Oct 5, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Raijon Neal and Jabari Davis as well

2. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Bill Belichick disagrees with all the above.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Nick Saban disagrees with this. He said he's rather have a dynamic back with an average O-Line than vice versa.

Not sure I agree but he said that.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And he's an nfl coach. In the nfl, running backs are easily replaced.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Unless your running back is Antonio Andrews then you're begging for an upgrade.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He also said Dooley was a good coach and stacked offensive line recruits in like cordwood as his first order of business at bammer, but whatever he says.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

7. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Thanks.

8. kidbourbon

Have I, groves?

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Your reasoning for why Kamara was better than Hurd was that he got more yards per carry. Kelly is averaging more yards per carry than Kamara, is Kelly better than Kamara?

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Talked to someone today that said Hurd's reputation around the athletic department is pretty shitty. Anyone else heard this? I was always under the impression that he is pretty well liked.

11. kidbourbon

We haven't seen enough of Kelly. Sample size problem.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is a good kid. He is just fed up with this shitty staff.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's always been the impression that I had.

14. kidbourbon

In between fellating groves, tell us why Hurd is better than Kamara in this offense, Zehr.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I didn't say he was better in THIS offense. Did you answer my question?

16. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

Well it is surprising Kamara is a captain and Hurd isn't. His family member posts on VN and acknowledges that Hurd gets beat up on and isn't the best fit for this system and all the hits behind the LOS take a toll on his body. I'm guessing Hurd has that attitude and isn't just blindly following and buying into Butch like many of our players do which is why he might have that reputation.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hard for me to buy that Hurd has some beef with the staff. They feature the hell out of him and have completely marginalized Kamara.

18. kidbourbon

So you don't have any argument then? Great.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Never said I did but of course that went over your head (easy to do with you). You said Kamara was better than Hurd in this offense because he had a better yard per carry, correct? So is Kelly a better back than Kamara in this offense because he has a better yard per carry?

20. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I love Jalen Hurd's physical style. But, he would be dominant at Bama or Arky. Kamara is built for this offense (which I am no fan of). That is no knock on Jalen Hurd. Quite frankly, I thought he would be a Heisman Candidate at UT. The FACT that he gets hit behind the line is a legit beef. It would be hard to fault Hurd who has a questionable shoulder and the talent for millions for having concerns. I am all UT, but if football was my real shot at success, I would question if the situation is best for me. I will say that Hurd does not need bad press. That won't help either.

And, it is a shame he missed Saturday. He would have had a good day. And maybe the Kelly fumble doesn't happen. But, that is all conjecture. I wish my best to Hurd no matter what.