Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JT5, Feb 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

What the [uck fay]?

What do you make of Linsanity? I wasn't impressed at first, but the hype is beginning to be Linfectious. This kid is Lintimidated by no one...no Melo, no Amare, no problem....all he does is Lin. It really has been a Lincredible and Linspiring week for this guy. The Knicks have reeled off 4 in a row since Linserting him into the lineup, and are Linstantly back in the playoff picture in the east. Barring Linjury, can this guy keep it up?

2. Richard Dick

Richard Dick New Member

Oh my God. ESPN is comparing him to Tim Tebow.

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Why? He has nice stats.

4. All the plays on his last name are going to get old real quick. The Yellow Mamba sign at the game last night was funny as shit though.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

They already are. SportsCenter was insufferable this morning.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dislinterested?

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The kid really is ridiculously impressive. It'll be interesting I see if he can maintain even close to this level of play.

8. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

As a Knickerbocker fan, it is refreshing to see good play from the point. Lets see how things go once melo gets back who needs the ball a lot to be effective. Would love to see if lin would be effective in the pnr with amare

9. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I had espin on in the background this morning, and I heard his name 50 times if I heard it once. I have no idea who he is, but I hope he goes away so espin will shut up about it ..

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hope "Yellow Mamba" catches on. Love it.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

he already has his own rap song. that's gangster.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Dude turns it over like a son of a [itch bay], but has a knack for making shots. I will be interested to see how he develops.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I understand the hype, but i hope it dies down. It's annoying.

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

The ironic part about Floyd's comments on Linsanity is they have a lot of truth to them. It's not the full reason for all the craze obviously - but does play a huge role... yet everyone thinks he's scum for making those comments even though he only said what half the sports fans in the nation were thinking.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Not that much. If a black kid came from Harvard, was cut by two teams and suddenly dropped 38 on Kobe and the Lakers, I'd think he'd be a big story, too. The Asian thing sort of tops it all off. Mayweather is just a little [itch bay] who's butthurt about a coupls of Asian guys stepping on the toes of what is generally a black athlete's domain.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Absolute horseshit. This guy has scored more points in his first few games in the NBA than anyone in history. [uck fay]ing bullshit AND racist to minimize what the guy is doing by pretending like he is getting attention for being Asian. It's insulting.

Jeremy Lin makes me want to watch the NBA. That is no small feat, and I don't give two shits about what race a player is.

Unless he was a Congo pygmy. Then, that would be doubly amazing.

17. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

pretty much sums it up. His flaw is turnovers, and granted that's a pretty big flaw for a PG, but I don't care if he's black, brown, yellow, white or purple. What's impressive is points, stats and the fact that he had the Knicks winning without Amare or Melo. To act like this is a race thing just shows that Mayweather is out to get every piece of publicity he can before he goes to the slammer.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I dunno....the Lin story is great, regardless of race, but the Asian-factor makes it all the more unique. Not often, er, ever, that you see a Chinese point guard come out of nowhere to drop D-Rose numbers and lead his team to 6 straight wins.

I think his ethnicity enhances the marketability of the story. If a black guy came out of nowhere to lead the NHL in scoring, I'm sure it'd turn a few more heads than if a white guy were doing it.

19. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

But I can guarantee you that if this happened and a celebrity tweeted that he was only getting attention and hype because he was black, he would get hammered for being a racist. JMO

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

His being Asian definitely plays a part. It isn't the most important part of the story, but it definitely contributes to it.