JFF Has Big Hands...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Feb 21, 2014.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I don't have any real idea how Manziel will do in the NFL. Nothing he's done in college gives any indication, because there's zero chance he can play that style in the pros. He is competitive as hell and appears to have at least adequate arm strength. We'll see.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Manziel can extend the play, of course. But that doesn't mean he can't stay in the pocket and throw it. He did a lot more of that this year than last.

What do you mean smartest scrambling QB? Why is that that Wilson can scramble but that Manziel won't be able to?

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Manziel can scramble. What he won't be able to get away with is running around and throwing up prayers like he's playing a video game. It worked against Alabama twice, but LSU shut it down twice, and would continue to do so if they kept playing. He won't last long playing like that. I'm not saying he won't be good. I'm just saying he won't last very long if he tries to play like he did in college.

4. kidbourbon

Because he'll get hurt, or because he'll throw picks?

5. kidbourbon

No such thing as too much JFF.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I think it's incredibly hard to predict Manziel's upside, but I do believe most of it is just where he goes. But as far as the tools go, he's a smart guy and can make pretty much any throw you need him to. Arm strength isn't terrific, but that can be said about quite a few successful QB's. As far as him running in circles goes, it obviously won't be as easy in the league, but you're crazy if you think he will suddenly lose his ability to evade people.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Either way, he'll get benched.

8. kidbourbon

The SEC is the majority supplier for NFL defenses.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Single handedly made aTm respectable. They sucked. Made Sumlin look decent too. I don't think he's much.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

NFL is the best of the best. Manziel wouldn't have been making all those plays against an NCAA all star defense that had topflight coaching and game plans week in and week out without some major adjustments to his game. I think he can be good, but he's far from a sure thing

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Wilson gets down. He rarely takes a hit. He's the only qb I can remember that uses his legs a lot and never takes a shot.

Manziel took some big hits and seems hard headed enough to not get down.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Manziel had what 3 nfl first round olineman and multiple top notch wrers? I don't quite agree with those saying he did it all himself.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Wilson has far better throwing mechanics than Manziel. Gets the ball out a lot quicker.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The NFL Draft will say different. He played with a bunch of premium pick guys.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

A few. No D. Games were planted firmly in his seat come winning time.

Line could only run block because he could kick that ass.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He had two top 10 draft picks on the oline. His d most definitely sucked

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Left tackles help. They still struggled to run and were good when he had to improvise.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

RB was pretty solid, IIRC.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Meh.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not sure, but so far all his QBs have looked good. Granted, Manziel is the only one to do it in the SEC.