Jimmy Hyams Says UT Has Offered AD Job to Alabama Asst. AD David Hart

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by LawVol13, Sep 1, 2011.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Sounds like we've got the right guy then.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The masses don't get that. When certain sports talk people only encourage it, it gets worse.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

why do we give a shit where he's from if he can get the job done and avoid the department wide shitter that Hamilton (with a lot of help from the administration) dropped us in.

Get a guy willing to tell Cheek that shitting on the athletic department isn't going to help his vision for joining the academic elite.

4. CardinalVol

I never said I didn't like it. I'm just saying the masses are up in arms.

I am neutral leaning towards liking this a lot if it works out.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He was hired by Bama in 2008 so he had nothing to do with the Saban hire. They seemed happy to get him but he did play basketball for Bama.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I didn't mean to imply that you said anything. I'm just making the point that we shouldn't give a shat about that if he's the right guy for the gig and do what we need from that chair. The fundraising angle is played out. We need a guy who uses winning to fund the department rather than a sales pitch.

I assure you that the AD at my alma mater hears this plenty from me.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

If he hired Saban then obviously he's smart. Look at what they were the previous 6 years before he started there. If true, I'll be perfectly happy. He has to be better than Hamilton.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't care at all if he worked at Bama. What concerns me is the FSU NCAA issues. I don't know much about whether he is to blame, though.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm not sure hiring Saban alone makes him smart. I think everyone outside of UT IE realized that would be a good hire.

10. CardinalVol

In the conversation I've mentioned to you earlier, the topic of the AD came up. The guy I was talking to said, and I agree, that we need a complete asshole to be the AD. If he couldn't get along with FSU admin, that tells me he might be one.

I agree 100%. Set the systems up to win. Everything else will take care of itself.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

there is no farging prayer that gibbs thought Saban and Meyer would run Fulmer out of town. None. Whatsover. At all. Ever.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Probably, but that likely has more to do with Gibbs thinking his idol was untouchable.

13. CardinalVol

Here is my exact quote when I found out Saban had been hired by Bama.

"Oh, [uck fay]."

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Realizing it's a good hire and actually hiring him are two different things; however, VolDad has said that he was not involved in that hiring, so who knows.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

just saying. IE isn't the only complete idiot over there.

I know I say it a lot, especially to him, but I truly believe Gibbs to be one of the most delusional idiots the site has. Ironically, his real world back door tagline reinforces the idiocy.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and that's the bottom line. Stop the culture of losing or talking about next year. Freaking win. Do everything you do to win.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

There's no question. I would think much more of him if he was just trolling instead of actually stupid.

His posts make me wonder how old he is.

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

FSU poster SaturdaysatDoak's take on Hart from Volquest.

19. CD12

CD12 Member

I just remember volbeef88 telling me to go join a bama board!

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Well hopefully he accepts then.