Jimmy Hyams Says UT Has Offered AD Job to Alabama Asst. AD David Hart

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by LawVol13, Sep 1, 2011.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

So he's basically been running the Alabama AD under the title of Assistant AD.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He is currently 2nd in command at one of the top programs in the country having spent 3 years with an excellent mentor.

I don’t have an issue.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Supposedly, his title became the chief operating officer for Alabama athletics.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Who's the excellent mentor? Moore? Not sure I think he has done a great job.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

6. WM

WM Active Member

An excuse to wear Hart Foundation jackets.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am trying to be optimistic. It did take him 3 coaches before he finally got Saban; and Saban would make anyone look good.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Haha...If he accepts by game time I hope to see one on TV during the game.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Still not as good as Flair as AD and leading Majors, Fulmer and Dooley out of the T as the 4 horsemen.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I am only inclined to not be happy with the hire (any hire) because I was led to believe Cheek was making the hire. I have no confidence in his decisions. Maybe pressure was applied fromsomewhere within the booster ranks. Get rid of Blackburn if you must, but make this hire.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

InsideTennessee is saying that according to multiple sources, Hart is likely to accept the position.

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Someone needs to buy the paperback on this Hart guy and fill us in on what he's about

13. GoVols

GoVols Member

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

15. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Color me underwhelmed.

16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Why don't you like the hire hat?

17. hatvol96

I'm pretty sure having a massive department wide academic scandal will usually cause a president and AD to clash.

18. hatvol96

1. His basketball hires: Steve Robinson and Leonard Hamilton.
    2. He was in charge of a department that perpetrated massive academic fraud.

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Just talked to my brother-in-law, an FSU grad from the glory years. His comment on Hart: "Run away".

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

To couple of FSU fans/alums I have spoken with said that overall we should be happy if we get him. TIFWIW, but thae fan base seems to be divided on him.