John Adams with the hammer

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Nov 9, 2015.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Tennessee's average total offense by quarter this season: 1Q: 138.3 2Q: 112.8 3Q: 92.8 4Q: 75.4

- Patrick Brown

2. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

Other than the losses, that could possibly be the biggest indictment on Jones and the coaching staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
  3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's definitive proof that we're young. If we had a slew of 16 year seniors we wouldn't have this problem.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Duh. It's about depth. Most big time teams, in games that are close in the fourth quarter, go ahead and put the second team QB, RB, OL, and WRs in. That's how you win games in the SEC.

5. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

I don't know where the "on scholarship" phrase came from, but I am amused by it. Indeed.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Filmed used it a lot later in his career.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Watch out for North Texas. They've got like 80 guys on their team on scholarship. Brutal.

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

They are old

9. NorrisAlan

And they have an interim coach. How can we prep when we have so little film in the new coach?

10. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

And what is wrong with old? Junge whipper snapper.

11. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

The picture of Butch with the hammer hitting him is telling. Dude honestly looks like he's aged 10 years in the past 3. Maybe he will leave to get some of the stress off of him. I'd hate for his health to be jeapordized over a silly game of foosball.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's the way it works for players, and they're not even getting paid. Coaches can suck it up or get another job. They are well compensated.

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Yeah, I guess you are right. Poor guy, maybe we should back off a bit and give the poor little fellow some slack.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

There are people with much more stressful jobs that are paid peanuts compared to what he's making. **** him.

15. NorrisAlan

If I had a job with at $12million golden parachute, I don't think I would be stressing over anything. But then I don't have the personality type that is required for that job either.

I just want him gone. If it takes a family member concerned for his health to get him out of here, so be it.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think it's a stressful job. Let's not kid ourselves. That said, it's a lot more stressful when you suck.

17. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I suppose I should have pink fonted it. I was being sarcastic to a point. I do wish he'd leave due to him not being able to handle stress and criticism. Or get kidnapped, convert to Wiccan, run for President, punch Kesling on his show....really any reason for him to leave and I will be happy.

18. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Hell DND, I was being sarcastic to the max. He is overpaid for the return we are deriving. I would like him to be paid based on results like I was.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Critical journalists write critical articles in critical situations.

#momentumarticles
    #opportunityopines
    #grammarfocus