Jon Stewart vs Romney

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Jun 18, 2012.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Interesting article on Jon Stewart calling out Romney for his wealth...

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Pot meet Kettle!

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i also bet he does everything he can to avoid paying taxes.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You mean he doesn't want to give his fair share? Surely you kid.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Hypocrisy in the world of politics? Surely not.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How in the name of crap is Stewart making 41,000 a day for hosting a crappy cable show?

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I agree kpt. I'm not sure how that show lasted longer than 2 seasons. "Oh, politicians and the media say crazy things?" Tell me something I don't know. I'd rather watch "When Animals Attack".

8. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

The Colbert Report is a better show.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

If Oprah Winfrey did a show dedicated to callers' bowel movements or if she did a sex hotline show, so would they.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

completely agree.

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I wonder if Jon Stewart really feels the way he acts or is a closet republican laughing all the way to the bank at playing the ultra liberal card because he knows he can make money doing it.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what? are you saying he's a liberal? he's a comedian. that's it. <sarcasm btw>

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Agreed. No political agenda one way or the other. Just comedy. If you think there is anything more than comedy, or anyone takes his or Colbert's show to be news, that was not the intention. It is just comedy.

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I understand that, but I also believe there are many out there that take his comedy seriously and to heart which is sad.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would say the majority does.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The Daily Show is fantastic and Stewart is the best interviewer around, in my opinion. He also does a fantastic job of demonstrating the absurdities of many right wingers, especially at Fox News, which is why he is often in the cross hairs of conservatives, like the ones at this garbage right wing web site. I also must have missed the part where Stewart was running for office and promoting his idea of understanding the situations of people in order to gain the job of making decisions for those people.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I like this site....

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I get his schtick. It's just uninteresting. Political satire is a fine art, done best by only a handful of people to ever live, imo. Jon Stewart is not one of them.

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I also like comedians who make fun of themselves in the joke; comedic humility or self-deprecation if you will. Stewart strikes me as a bully and blowhard.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you see no agenda?