Jones lack of testicles

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 14, 2015.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Maggitt is bad people. The fact he is a "leader" on this team says a lot about why we suck.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've heard mostly good things about him. He supposedly beat up Drae Bowles for calling the cops on AJ and Michael Williams though.

3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I don't get the obsession with this play. Butch didn't trust his O-Line to get one yard, so he went with a high-percentage, conservative play. "Coaching scared" got us a 17 point lead.

Now the 2nd half, yeah that's a disaster.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

21 point lead is better

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

For me it is all about attitude. I have a very hard time believing that any of the greats would have kicked that field goal at that point of the game.

Can you imagine Bryant kicking that field goal in the first five minutes of the game? Shula? Lombardi? Rockne? Neyland?

It is the conotation of the call that worries me. Greatly.

6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

And if we don't get it we lose. That's the alternative.

To me, the problem isn't that our initial lead wasn't big enough, it's that we couldn't adjust to maintain/grow it. That's why I think the FG controversy is meaningless.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Coaching scared also lost us a 17 point lead.

8. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Not adjusting lost us a 17 point lead.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you don't know that. maybe the next play is a safety. maybe the next play is a turnover because they are backed up.

10. hatvol96

If you don't have faith in your kids to gain six inches at home, you think they can't beat anybody of substance.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah, and everyone knew it.

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He's too scared to adjust. He sets up a pre-game plan, and he doesn't have the balls to deviate if/when it stops working.

13. hatvol96

Absolutely. Urban Meyer and Nick Saban would slit their own throats before kicking that field goal at home.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Maybe it's not balls, maybe he's just too stupid to know what to do.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The thought never crosses Les Miles' mind

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You don't lose. You put Oklahoma at the one foot line and make them go 99 yards if you can't get 6 inches.

17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

This is kind of where I'm coming from. It's not really scared coaching I'm worried about. It's does he know wtf to do?

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I can't imagine a top notch coach at any level of final from pop warner to the nfl not going for 6 there.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

No, we don't agree. He may be too stupid to make adjustments, but not going for it was chickenshit.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

7 points equals "Win"

3 points equals "Loss"

It's about the analytics.